Face mask question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
I bought the rip it face mask for grand daughter, and with this one due to the way its made, the cushion on the mask under the chin, covers the mouth, because there is a bar there that comes vertical in front. Not a comfortable deal. Is there one made that the cushion does not cover the mouth or are they all made this way, Can't talk with this one.:(

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I think the position of the chin cushion is adjustable. It is secured with velcro and every player I know that has worn one has been able to find a position that was comfortable. The downside is the velcro can loose its grip over time and I ended up using black coaches tape to hold my DD's chin cup in place (mask was over 2 years old).

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have not talked to DD about it but I would think if it is too loose you are defeating the purpose a little bit. It needs to be a snug fit.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
If they can't talk with this mask, could you give me a link? :D I'd like to order a few. :D

Ya i shoulda known better than to add that,

SKLZ look at that on amazon, then look at ripit,, i looked at it again last night and there is no adjustment, returning it as of today
Maybe a youth size would bring the foam down, but the mask fit otherwise. I suppose you could trim it, but the vertical bar is right there

Be sure and see the Photo of the SKLZ attached, you won't like it , able to be used verbally :D

I just called RIP IT,, that piece is velcro, is readjustable, so we'll see if that helps, still like the looks of SKLZ the way it should be.

http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Youth-Fa...qid=1425065368&sr=8-1&keywords=sklz+face+mask

http://www.amazon.com/RIP--Defense-...id=1425065435&sr=8-1&keywords=ripit+face+mask

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is the chin pad facing the correct way? With my DD's Rip-It mask, if the chin pad in put in upside down (rotated 180 deg), it covers the bottom of her mouth and is uncomfortable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi