Extra move

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks Peppers. Hopefully this will help further the discussion. I must say I'm sitting here chuckling to myself after reading your notes. This is the part that got me smiling:

Ya I notice Alabama usually laughs themselves all the way to the College World Series in Oklahoma. Maybe their hitting system is not as humors as you think. :confused::confused: :eek:

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Ya I notice Alabama usually laughs themselves all the way to the College World Series in Oklahoma. Maybe their hitting system is not as humors as you think. :confused::confused: :eek:

I'm not laughing at Alabama's hitting system. Lowering the hands the way they teach from a high handset sounds correct to me. What's humorous to me are coaches/parents/instructors who don't understand that lowering the hands from a high handset is no different than lowering the hands from a low handset. The sequence is the sequence is the sequence. The sequence doesn't change just because a player has a low handset. Can hitting be made any simpler than that? Develop a good sequence and wrap your personal style around the sequence.

The fastpitch community is notorious for teaching style as part of technique. Hands held high, elbows in an inverted "V", barrel taping the pony-tail area, bla, bla, bla...

I'm not in any way knocking Alabama's system. I'm knocking coaches/instructors who demand kids conform to one particular style. What we will never know is how well some of these kids would hit using their own style. My guess is they would do better than using someone else's style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1