Extra Innings - Player Rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
By the time they're 16U/18U, I figure these rankers can find out who's recruiting who and make more educated guesses. I think rankings are worthwhile at that point.

But at 12U, there are lots of elite players/talents who remain unknown to the rankers and to the coaches who bring teams to nationals. Best hitter I saw my DD's age didn't play a national tournament until she was about 16. She was still playing on a borderline A/B team when she was 12U, but crushing it. Nobody outside the area knew who she was. She now starts for a P5 team.

The first player I knew that made one of these rankings did so when she was around 13, and she never played in college. She was good, but not as good as the other player, but she played nationally, and her coach had the ear of FloSoftball, but she burned out or something. Great kid, don't exactly know why she stopped. So was that good that she got hyped so early? I don't know.

I trust that players in the 12U rankings are good, and presume the info comes from conversations that the rankers are having w/ coaches who frequent the national events and are not based on parents who subscribe. It's just that not all the talent has been discovered at 12U, and they've certainly not been fully developed. So it can be a setup. Hopefully the younger players are just enjoying it and don't take it too seriously.

Good post. Agree 100%.

Sep 3, 2015
Bump

Any thoughts on the 2022 top 500 list?

Does the coach/org need to submit a player for consideration? I have no idea how they can possibly do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
Does the coach/org need to submit a player for consideration? I have no idea how they can possibly do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - but anyone can submit. Similar to Maxpreps - if you don’t submit anything the player won’t make the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55