Escobedo - 16K's....!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
WOW - I wish I could have seen this.

Sixteen K's versus a team like Arizona!?!?!?

Dallas must of had something special going on.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I think it was the 5th inning, 2 run ball game with 2 outs and runners at 2nd and 3rd. She gives up a walk to load the bases for Arizona who has 7 grand slams this season. She gets behind in the count and then blows the ball by the batter to get a K to retire the Wildcats. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
WOW - I wish I could have seen this.

Sixteen K's versus a team like Arizona!?!?!?

Dallas must of had something special going on.

The home field advantage and Dallas had an amazing rise ball last night. To me, the PU appeared to call the zone high and very wide on both sides of the plate. Dallas used the ump zone immediately and very effectively. Arizona hitters, as a team and while they got more hits than ASU, never made the zone adjustment. Further it appeared to me that Estela Pinon didn't use the PUs zone to her advantage right away as Dallas did. It looks like Dallas crow hops slightly on just about every pitch, but my view wasn't from the side so it's speculation.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Leaping on every pitch. Not the worst I have seen this season but still illegal. Could have easily been called but was probably best to let both pitchers throw.

I usually am a rues guy whether I agree or not. As long as it applies to both teams and is not biased. Part of me thinks they should have warned the pitcher(s) (if one or both were indeed throwing IPs), and part of me agrees with you to let it go. Maybe there was a hole I couldn't see from my angle and thus Dallas wasn't crow-hoppng at all. I didn't see either coach contest it.

I never noticed Pinon leaping though. I'll watch closer next time. Here's a side view from last week's game vs. Oregon State:

Pinon_side.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06