End Cap coming off CF6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2014
IL
I'm assuming this is a common thread. Looking for advice. End cap coming off a bit on one side of daughter's CF6, probably pushed out about an eighth to a quarter of an inch. Still under warranty (bought in Sep). Issue is giving it up for a few weeks for warranty repair.

Can I just hammer it back down or is that just a terrible idea?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Paging CoreSoftball20 to the white courtesy phone. CoreSoftball20, please pick up...

(mr19 - CS20 is DFP's resident bat dealer, and Demarini is one of his lines.)

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I'm assuming this is a common thread. Looking for advice. End cap coming off a bit on one side of daughter's CF6, probably pushed out about an eighth to a quarter of an inch. Still under warranty (bought in Sep). Issue is giving it up for a few weeks for warranty repair.

Can I just hammer it back down or is that just a terrible idea?

If you overnight it on a Sunday night, I bet there's a pretty good chance you'd have it back by Friday. Just to be safe I would buy a new one also. ;)
<------
Oh cool, people could give me donations for good posts.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2014
IL
Thanks for all replies. It's only up a little bit on one side -- has used it for first few games this year and doesn't seem to be getting wrse. There is a small rubber tab sticking out, would post pic but don't have bat with me.

Will probably ship back overnight as suggested. Just got RMA# from Demarini. Just a pita.

Aug 31, 2014
IL
I wouldn't burn the return for this, but that's your choice.

Guess I wasn't aware there is only one return allowed. Don't really care to purchase a second bat and getting resistance from the daughter on sending it away so we'll see after this weekend.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
"DON'T REALLY CARE TO BUY A SECOND BAT"
Monitor, I call for a life time ban!

I bet you meant "I don't care to buy ONLY a second bat" ya ya that's it. Ok....I'm alright now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Guess I wasn't aware there is only one return allowed. Don't really care to purchase a second bat and getting resistance from the daughter on sending it away so we'll see after this weekend.

If the bat is completely fine and nothing else wrong with it, I wouldnt burn a return just for a little endcap separation.
I would just put a cloth over the cap and tap the cap side back in.

You have 5 months of return left, get the most use out of the bat as you can. Its a diff story if the umps wont allow the bat or you cant tap it back in. Then you have no choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32