Easton Stealth Speed Fp11st10

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
USC isn't the only one.... UC Irvine doesn't have a program either and they're in the home town of the PGF National Championship Game, all of the CIF Southern Section High School Championship games are played in Irvine too. The IDT is played in Boulder and Colorado doesn't have a softball team. And another one that I have always been shocked that didn't have a softball program is Pepperdine. The school is in Malibu where the lifeguards trucks tell you to "surf like a girl" Have you seen the view from Pepperdine's baseball stadium? It would be nearly impossible to not be able to recruit High School girls to Pepperdine.
Back east Vanderbilt and Miami are baseball powerhouses that don't have softball programs. It's odd that USC, Pepperdine, Miami, Vanderbilt.... are all private universities that don't have softball, they must rely on less federal money because you'd think title ix would have made them start programs

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Title IX doesnt require certain sports to be available. They just have to have as many scholarships available to girls as guys.

Nov 8, 2020
Title IX doesnt require certain sports to be available. They just have to have as many scholarships available to girls as guys.
I thought it was that the percentage of athletic scholarahips had to match the percentage of the student body that was each gender.

How will title ix exist in a world where gender is fluid and people can pretend to be any sex they want? How long before there are biological males claiming to be ladies so they can play fastpitch? There's already at least one playing women's college basketball

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
I'm not going down that rabbit hole about gender fluidity haha. I'm surprised you didn't see all the commotion right after Biden signed the executive order about this recently. Definitely should look it up but its already caused issues in high school track events that's for sure.

As far as the Title IX thing, the scholarship number is the reason there are typically so many more women's college sports than men's. The schools have to add more women's sports typically to make up for the amount of players on the football team (not an issue if the college doesn't have football). When I was at LSU, there were women's teams for sports that only had club teams for the guys.

May 7, 2008
So today I picked up this fine piece of equipment 32/22 with maybe 100 hits on it I was told. It doesn't look like many balls have hit it. Has some clete marks on it that's it. I did my fair share of looking and investigating paid 220 and change with tax. Now what I don't understand is why it's banned in NCAA? It has the current ASA USSSA NSA ISA markings. Just curios as to why not allowed NCAA
The NCAA tests all models that show up at the annual tournaments ( top 64 d1,2,3). Each bat is tested on a machine. If it fails it is confiscated for that tournament and the MODEL is issued a strike. Once 3 strikes are accumulated the bat is banned. So a great number of older POPULAR models get banned. This started in about 2008 - 2010. Since so many are banned they now switched to an ALLOWED list. Basically the mfg submit this years models and they do not get enough strikes until the end of the season to be banned if they do get banned.

This all started when the bats were really hot (eg Easton SCN1B Synergy, SCN4B Stealth, Demarini Phenix original) once broken in. In the good old days the mfg would test to spec virgin bats and as they broke in they got hot. In 2008/9 they changed the test spec ( ASA2004) to "after x00 hits" so the bats were not as hot anymore but the LABEL did not change.

So lots of bats are labeled fine and ok for tournament play but banned by the NCAA. The USSAA 2012 spec was a ploy to make everyone buy a new bat. The spec is easier to meet than the old ASA2004 but you need it to play in a USSSA tourney. A fine marketing ploy!!!

Jan 24, 2020
USC isn't the only one.... UC Irvine doesn't have a program either and they're in the home town of the PGF National Championship Game, all of the CIF Southern Section High School Championship games are played in Irvine too. The IDT is played in Boulder and Colorado doesn't have a softball team. And another one that I have always been shocked that didn't have a softball program is Pepperdine. The school is in Malibu where the lifeguards trucks tell you to "surf like a girl" Have you seen the view from Pepperdine's baseball stadium? It would be nearly impossible to not be able to recruit High School girls to Pepperdine.
Back east Vanderbilt and Miami are baseball powerhouses that don't have softball programs. It's odd that USC, Pepperdine, Miami, Vanderbilt.... are all private universities that don't have softball, they must rely on less federal money because you'd think title ix would have made them start programs

A lot of the big private universities you name chose to cut men's teams instead of starting women's teams when Title IX was implemented due to budget concerns. The reason Stanford and UCLA have so many men's and women's teams is that they were/are willing to pump money into the athletic department instead of bleeding the money off for other needs. Private schools like Stanford and the Ivies have such huge endowments that they can provide financially for more non-revenue sports for both genders when Title IX came out they added women's teams instead of culling men's teams. The state schools with the best academic reputations, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Michigan, UVA, etc. have a large number of out-of-state and foreign students paying full tuition so they can support more teams and their mission often includes providing maximum extra curricular opportunities for the student body.

Small private schools without big endowments will often focus on regional sports that don't have a ton of top-notch nationwide competition so they can use that as a draw for a student who may otherwise choose a different school. You mentioned Pepperdine, they have alway been focused on Water Polo and Volleyball because of their location. Squash is popular in the northeast because it is indoors and doesn't require a ton of $.

Yes, USC could start a SB team and compete immediately, but they would likely see it as a way to add a Men's team as well and so the two questions would be: "What men's sport would we add that doesn't also have a women's team?" & "How committed are they financially to the success of those teams?" Likely "Lacrosse" (they already have women's Lacrosse) and "not a lot at the moment."

SC has to dig themselves out of a lot of university-wide issues right now that are going to be very costly over the next few years, so any expansion of the athletic program would be viewed very skeptically. Their new president seems to be an excellent choice to clean up the mess but she is already enacting some austerity measures in anticipation of the payouts to come.

All that said, with the rising popularity of Softball (Thank you CWS & AU!) on TV, many more schools will likely move starting teams up their priority list like Clemson and Duke.

TL;DR: It's all about the $$$!

Apr 22, 2015
The FP11ST10 & FP11ST9 I think both received their 3rd strike shortly after the National Championship in 2015. Both of Florida’s National Championships in 2014-2015 the FP11ST10 was 70% of the bats they were using. I have a picture from a 2015 game and all bats are lined up in front of the dugout, and it is just a sea of white & purple....In fact in those years if they were an Easton team, they were using the FP11ST10.......Those bats were tanks and seemed to last a very long time, other than maybe acquiring a very small rattle after tons of use. They also ran crazy heavy over sticker weight. We had one that was 2oz plus over sticker weight. Definitely an iconic fastpitch bat

Apr 22, 2015
Also what’s interesting back then is I think the Easton Stealth SSR3b, which came out in 2010, a year before the FP11ST10, I don’t believe ever received its 3rd strike with NCAA. But Easton brought out the retro SSR3b-16(???) to replace it, but the remake wasn’t even close to the original. Here is the picture of Florida’s bats pregame 2015

Attachments

• 216EC911-FBBD-4507-BE44-2FDE80140261.png
    216EC911-FBBD-4507-BE44-2FDE80140261.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 20
The FP11ST10 & FP11ST9 I think both received their 3rd strike shortly after the National Championship in 2015. Both of Florida’s National Championships in 2014-2015 the FP11ST10 was 70% of the bats they were using. I have a picture from a 2015 game and all bats are lined up in front of the dugout, and it is just a sea of white & purple....In fact in those years if they were an Easton team, they were using the FP11ST10.......Those bats were tanks and seemed to last a very long time, other than maybe acquiring a very small rattle after tons of use. They also ran crazy heavy over sticker weight. We had one that was 2oz plus over sticker weight. Definitely an iconic fastpitch bat
The one I picked up is a 22oz sticker weight I weighed it and it was 1.3 oz heavier than sticker weight

Hammer time! I remember when Anna was probably 11, we went to a USC Upstate camp, there was about 30 of those FP11’s lined up.....look but don’t touch!

Seeing this post just made me dig through my wallet, this piece of paper has been folded up and stuck in a compartment in my wallet for 8 or 9 years! I kept it in case I ran across any old Easton’s at PIAS, or wherever.
View attachment 21356
Just picked this one up for 125Screenshot_20211224-114545_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20211224-114518_eBay.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi