Easton Stealth Speed Fp11st10

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

So today I picked up this fine piece of equipment 32/22 with maybe 100 hits on it I was told. It doesn't look like many balls have hit it. Has some clete marks on it that's it. I did my fair share of looking and investigating paid 220 and change with tax. Now what I don't understand is why it's banned in NCAA? It has the current ASA USSSA NSA ISA markings. Just curios as to why not allowed NCAA

Attachments

• 20210311_105520.jpg
    20210311_105520.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210311_105456.jpg
    20210311_105456.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210311_105509.jpg
    20210311_105509.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 34
Nov 8, 2020
Arbitersports.com has a list of all approved bats by the ncaa as of Dec 2020. Its a pdf file so I can't link it to here though.

There are several Stealth bats that are allowed, don't see that one on the list though. The model numbers of the allowed bats start with FP16.... and go through the FP20. On my phone that model looks like it starts with FP11, I don't know if that just means it's an older bat and Easton didn't submit it for approval or what.

Check out that list, maybe I'm just reading the bats number wrong

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hammer time! I remember when Anna was probably 11, we went to a USC Upstate camp, there was about 30 of those FP11’s lined up.....look but don’t touch!

Seeing this post just made me dig through my wallet, this piece of paper has been folded up and stuck in a compartment in my wallet for 8 or 9 years! I kept it in case I ran across any old Easton’s at PIAS, or wherever.
3EE6A6F0-DF31-4751-BF1C-70450EB25CD1.jpeg

Nov 8, 2020
Hammer time! I remember when Anna was probably 11, we went to a USC Upstate camp, there was about 30 of those FP11’s lined up.....look but don’t touch!

Seeing this post just made me dig through my wallet, this piece of paper has been folded up and stuck in a compartment in my wallet for 8 or 9 years! I kept it in case I ran across any old Easton’s at PIAS, or wherever.
View attachment 21356
USC, man if USC would start a softball program the Trojans would contend for a National Title within 4 years.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
USC, man if USC would start a softball program the Trojans would contend for a National Title within 4 years.

Explain why you say they would contend within 4 years? Because of the over saturation of talent in Southern California?

And you know I was talking about South Carolina, right? ;)

Nov 8, 2020
Explain why you say they would contend within 4 years? Because of the over saturation of talent in Southern California?

And you know I was talking about South Carolina, right? ;)
Yes, because of the saturation of talent in Southern California plus.... do you not think that the coaches at Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Arizona State, Oklahoma State... wouldn't jump at the chance to go home to California and start a Trojans softball program? Or just say USC does what UCLA baseball did and hire a top assistant from cross town and Lisa Fernandez starts the USC Softball program. They would have their choice of the best coaches in softball.
And all the girls from and in Southern California who are filling up the rosters and incoming classes of other schools across the country....those girls whose daddies walk around every weekend with USC hats and sweatshirts on, that sit in USC chairs at the games.... they'd all jump at the chance to start a Trojans softball program.
USC has more national titles in men's sports than any D1 college in the nation, ucla and Stanford lead USC in overall national titles but that is because the Trojans have historically fielded very few women's athletics teams. They recently started soccer and won 2 national championships in their first handful of seasons. The school also just hired a woman President so softball at USC is becoming more and more of a possibility.

I figured that you meant South Carolina when you mentioned the "upstate" part but USC in college athletics will ALWAYS mean The University of Southern California. The Trojans have twice as many National Championships in baseball as any other school.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yes, because of the saturation of talent in Southern California plus.... do you not think that the coaches at Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Arizona State, Oklahoma State... wouldn't jump at the chance to go home to California and start a Trojans softball program? Or just say USC does what UCLA baseball did and hire a top assistant from cross town and Lisa Fernandez starts the USC Softball program. They would have their choice of the best coaches in softball.
And all the girls from and in Southern California who are filling up the rosters and incoming classes of other schools across the country....those girls whose daddies walk around every weekend with USC hats and sweatshirts on, that sit in USC chairs at the games.... they'd all jump at the chance to start a Trojans softball program.
USC has more national titles in men's sports than any D1 college in the nation, ucla and Stanford lead USC in overall national titles but that is because the Trojans have historically fielded very few women's athletics teams. They recently started soccer and won 2 national championships in their first handful of seasons. The school also just hired a woman President so softball at USC is becoming more and more of a possibility.

I figured that you meant South Carolina when you mentioned the "upstate" part but USC in college athletics will ALWAYS mean The University of Southern California. The Trojans have twice as many National Championships in baseball as any other school.

I’m sure that the majority of people “not” in the softball know would be surprised at the number of big D1 schools that don’t have a softball program! Just in my area, Clemson had their inaugural year last year, and Duke in 2017. I honestly didn’t know, or hadn’t thought about USC not having a team?

Nov 8, 2020
I’m sure that the majority of people “not” in the softball know would be surprised at the number of big D1 schools that don’t have a softball program! Just in my area, Clemson had their inaugural year last year, and Duke in 2017. I honestly didn’t know, or hadn’t thought about USC not having a team?
USC isn't the only one.... UC Irvine doesn't have a program either and they're in the home town of the PGF National Championship Game, all of the CIF Southern Section High School Championship games are played in Irvine too. The IDT is played in Boulder and Colorado doesn't have a softball team. And another one that I have always been shocked that didn't have a softball program is Pepperdine. The school is in Malibu where the lifeguards trucks tell you to "surf like a girl" Have you seen the view from Pepperdine's baseball stadium? It would be nearly impossible to not be able to recruit High School girls to Pepperdine.
Back east Vanderbilt and Miami are baseball powerhouses that don't have softball programs. It's odd that USC, Pepperdine, Miami, Vanderbilt.... are all private universities that don't have softball, they must rely on less federal money because you'd think title ix would have made them start programs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi