Easton Mako

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JBrooks

Softball comes first
Dec 20, 2013
Willis,Texas
I bought my DD the new Mako she said it has a lot if vibration just wondering what everyone else's DD thinks about theirs.

Oct 10, 2011
mako

I bought my DD the new Mako she said it has a lot if vibration just wondering what everyone else's DD thinks about theirs.
A girl on our team has one and absolutely loves it. Easton generally have a stiffer connection than some other brands.

I have only seen two in action and neither has had that complaint. In fact, just the opposite. Both girls say it's a Cadillac.

Both are hot as hell, too. This will be the bat that brings Easton back to where it was before they decided to do away with the Synergy Speed and, to a lesser extent, the Stealth.

Nov 30, 2013
My daughter loves hers .Hers is a 33"/23 oz.We have only used it indoors hitting WORTH indoor practice balls.I asked her if she has felt any vibration and she said she didn't feel any.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If I were you, take the bat out and try it for yourself so you really know. She might not be comfy with the bat as of yet if its a new type bat for her. Just go out a hit a couple off the sweet spot and see if any bad vibrations. I know Worth bats, they kinda rattle your hands if you don't hit the sweetspot. Don't know if this is the same type bat or not. I'm not experienced with Easton much.

Like I said in other posts...stuff happens. Could be a bad bat is all. I'm sure Easton would be more than willing to help you out if there is an issue with it.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD, who is used to hitting an Anderson RT and RF had the chance to hit the new Eastons (both FX and FS series), Worths and LS's at a Bat Wars Tourney over last Summer. She said that the Eastons had the most vibration out of all four that she used (including the Anderson). It might be her or it might be the brand. However, I can tell you that she hit the Easton as far as she hit her RF.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
I know this is going to sound stupid, but maybe she doesn't like the grip. I bought my daughter the fs1 on sale as a step up bat and she hated it. She couldn't explain why but she said it didn't feel right. I let some of the older girls use it and they hit well with it but didn't like the feel of the bat. I changed the grip out and now everybody likes it. The place where my daughter hits at says he has had complaints with the easton diamond grip. Know it sounds stupid but sometimes it the little things.

Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
My daughter only used it for a few practices and the last tournament of the year this past fall. Loves it. 4 doubles in the last tournament. Back to her practice bat due to the temps here in Pa.

Jul 19, 2012
Vibration is more a function of not getting the barrel of the bat to the ball than a manufacturing/engineering flaw.

Amazes me how better/more consistent hitters have less 'problems' with vibration than less consistent hitters.

A bat that dampens out all/most of the vibration may not be giving the batter the necessary feedback to improve their mechanics and gain that consistency.

I will now step off my soapbox.....carry on.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414