Easton Mako Torq Fastpitch Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My thoughts...

It's a marketing gimmick, and creates a crutch that is unnecessary if proper swing mechanics are used by the hitter.

Also...Welcome to DFP! Enjoy the ride :)

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD is teammates with a player that got one this year. She tried it and said it didn't really feel any different. I don't know if I'd pony up the extra money thinking that dirt and grim would get in seam and cause it to be jerky in rolling or not roll at all. Just give me a Stealth and DD will be happy again.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
What are your thoughts on this bat? Worth the money? Think it will remain legal? Thanks

As with all new designs well know in a year. Its pretty common that something is not market perfect with any new design.

Look at all the recalls the past 10 years on new designs when a entirely new concept is introduced.

Oct 10, 2011
I tried one and was surprised. The rotating handle was pretty tight and didn't seem to bother me. For that much money, angels better sing when I pick it up. DD loves her regular Mako though.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No bat is worth 449.99

Not like its gonna hit the ball any further.

Btw, they made a SP bat with the torque handle and they arent moving for crap. Too many good bats to spend that kind of scratch

Jan 24, 2009
Inane sheeple will buy them because they are expensive and because the color is conspicuous. Parents will buy them because someone else paid that price for one. Just look at the number of imitators who have joined the northface-iphone-designer jeans rank and file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6dOEdEAAQ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish