Easton just voluntarily removed a truckload of bats from ASA certified bat list

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Article caught my eye as I was worried the FP11ST10s were going to show up on the list. Both my DDs are swinging them now.

I'm sure their time is coming as well.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
There is always a bigger sucker until there isn't.

Remember, one of the smartest men who ever lived, Sir Isaac Neeton, lost a fortune buying up Dutch tulip bulbs.

As for the non-Easton old, hot bats-- we know those will be banned either soon, or in another year or so.

One of two things will happen. Either bat buyers will get smart and the prices will plummet soon, or else the scarcity principle will drive up the prices on the bats until they are banned.

If you own a non-Easton grandfathered bat, I have one word of advice: E-Bay

Oct 10, 2011
I take full responsibility.....should I feel badly that I just sold my DD's backup SCN1B on Ebay for more than I paid for it???
And I sold a SCN5 for double what I paid 2 months ago:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2011
Article caught my eye as I was worried the FP11ST10s were going to show up on the list. Both my DDs are swinging them now.

I'm sure their time is coming as well.
I know these are selling for big bucks but an Easton rep told me that they are the exact same barrel as the Power Brigade line, and people were wrong about the newer bats not getting as hot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
There is no such thing as a "banned" bat. Either they are approved or not. Once approved, they only way the bat model becomes "non-approved" is if that model fails ASA testing (not to be confused with a standard compression test done at tournaments) three times from multiple sources.

ASA couldn't care less as it simply applies the testing to the bats and it is simply pass or fail.

Manufacturers know the standard and will do whatever it takes to gain a marketing edge. There is nothing wrong with that since that is why they are in business. The problems that started over the past 15 years or so was that marketing was based on production using loose interpretation or taking advantage of perceived loopholes in the wording of the standards and rule. That's what led to some of the existing issues and grandfathering of some bats (this ended in 2008 and included only one Easton bat ASA Certified Equipment )

IMO, Easton must have realized something would go awry. If not, why would that not just let the bats sit on the list until ASA found them out of spec and removed them from the list?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
There is always a bigger sucker until there isn't.

Remember, one of the smartest men who ever lived, Sir Isaac Neeton, lost a fortune buying up Dutch tulip bulbs.

As for the non-Easton old, hot bats-- we know those will be banned either soon, or in another year or so.

One of two things will happen. Either bat buyers will get smart and the prices will plummet soon, or else the scarcity principle will drive up the prices on the bats until they are banned.

If you own a non-Easton grandfathered bat, I have one word of advice: E-Bay

The Rocketechs, Nanotek, and Nanoflex aren't going anywhere

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Btw, I don't think buying a 10+ year old bat off ebay or wherever really makes somebody an Easton
loyalist customer :)

Just saying this because some comments around other boards really had me cracking up. People
that own nothing Easton but a 10 year old bat they bought off ebay saying they wont be an Easton customer anymore.
A lot of the comments coming from the intelligent portion of the slowpitch crowd...haha

Sep 29, 2014
I just think Easton was in an obvious no win situation. Ideally Easton and ASA could have come out with a joint statement; Easton: thanks to the ASA for grandfathering us but we understand that new standards are safer and proudly offer a great new line of bats that are all ASA approved; ASA: we appreciate Eastons' understanding in this matter and while did offer the grandfathering period the time had come to make sure ALL bats meet the same standards for reasons of safety and fairness. We look forward to Eastons' continue effort to ensure all their new bats meet the new guideline.

Is this really that hard??

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD plays rec and they have never checked a bat. Just her luck though is she will finally hit one over the fence then they will decide to check the bat. I can see the opposing coach on their cell phone looking it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse