Easton just voluntarily removed a truckload of bats from ASA certified bat list

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The older models were, by far, the best. That said, I haven't purchased an Easton product, ANY Easton product, since he abstained from voting on the Olympic Committee and we lost SB in the games so this news doesn't affect me or mine in the slightest. However, I do feel sorry for you guys and gals.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
The older models were, by far, the best. That said, I haven't purchased an Easton product, ANY Easton product, since he abstained from voting on the Olympic Committee and we lost SB in the games so this news doesn't affect me or mine in the slightest. However, I do feel sorry for you guys and gals.

That was a no brainer for me too. I went for that bat that gets rid of the need for batting gloves... 2Legit KISS :cool:

Jun 12, 2015
Man I was just about to put up a great shape SCN1B 31/21 on ebay since people are paying good money for them. Guess Im going to have to put it back in the bag.

I took JAD's advice and set up a search alert on Ebay for one. Hadn't found one yet but I guess I'll cancel that now...
I didn't know about Easton & the Olympics. We don't have much Easton stuff anyway. One of our old, rec league aluminum bats was a $20 Easton but that barely counts. My older DD hits with a LS and younger DD has a CF8.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And I love the argument that somebody should reimburse people for buying these bats. Its nobodys fault somebody went out and spent 600 bucks on some 10 year old bat. That's the buyers fault for spending that. You bought a bat that you know with use, will fail testing and become extremely hot to gain an advantage.

Love the conspiracy theory people. Its always the manufacturer on the grassy knoll...haha. Amazes me
the blind eye pass ASA gets every time.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2015
And I love the argument that somebody should reimburse people for buying these bats. Its nobodys fault somebody went out and spent 600 bucks on some 10 year old bat. That's the buyers fault for spending that. You bought a bat that you know with use, will fail testing and become extremely hot to gain an advantage.

Love the conspiracy theory people. Its always the manufacturer on the grassy knoll...haha. Amazes me
the blind eye pass ASA gets every time.
Says the guy in the business of selling bats...

What's the logic behind the sudden removal of these bats other than to get people to buy new bats? Don't say safety, because most (all of the slowpitch ones, not sure about fastpitch) of them perform worse than the new bats.

Even if we entertain the idea that these bats are "too hot", why now? If they knew this a few years back when the new standards came out, it would have been nice to get some notice so that you don't get a sudden crash in value.

Disclaimer - I don't own any of these bats so it basically doesn't effect me.

Feb 13, 2013
What's the logic behind the sudden removal of these bats other than to get people to buy new bats? Don't say safety, because most (all of the slowpitch ones, not sure about fastpitch) of them perform worse than the new bats.

ASA instituted mandatory testing of bats before nationals last summer. In the 30 minutes i was in line and could see the test bench, the bats that failed significantly more than most ... old Easton bats.

Maybe that has something to do with this. :rolleyes:

Feb 3, 2011
If they knew this a few years back when the new standards came out, it would have been nice to get some notice so that you don't get a sudden crash in value.
That was the notice. It's like a stock tip.

I own 2 Easton buckets. One has served me very well. The other is garbage.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414