Easton just voluntarily removed a truckload of bats from ASA certified bat list

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I will NOT be buying another Easton bat in protest of their "voluntary" removal of these bats from the ASA approved bat list! Is the Demarini the hottest bat left on the approved bat list? Someone hook a brother up!
There is a 33" on SBF for a pretty good price...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2014
If these bats were to be tested today, how would they do?

Core probably knows best. Only really two options:

They removed all the bats from the list so players would have to buy new bats... which seems to be what everyone thinks but they would all pass inspection without issue right now

or

The bats were about to be banned so they were pulled because they would not pass inspection which does not make sense since they have passed all the inspections so far usually companies fight to keep their bats on the list which leads everyone to the first conclusion that this is a money grab which seems odd since anyone with an old bat would now probably not buy a new bat from you since they are unhappy with you for pulling your old product.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know the conspiracy theory is that big bad Easton is just trying to get people to buy new bats as its always the case when bats are removed.
Now to be honest, Easton has no reason to fight it, but its not like Easton went to ASA to get rid of their bats and piss off customers.

Do you really think ASA was going to allow these bats to be legal forever when the new bats have to comply with the new standards?????
Now ASA doesn't have to worry about a bunch of bats that can come in well below testing standards.
Easton either said ok or ASA was going to ban them. And now ASA doesn't look like the bad guy which keeps Easton in good graces
with ASA.

Jan 24, 2009
Apologetic theory is that big bad ASA didn't want to be the boogieman so they hem-hawed around until the bat company rode in on their white horse and saved the day. What a kindly bunch they were to gather around that board room table and "volunteer" like that.

I'm not pissed at Easton. They are doing what businesses do, looking out for their best interest and trying to feed their families. Easton profits would have soared (again) if a governing body would have banned some of their bats (again). Since that didn't happen, Easton hatched a plan B. They became <lol> 'volunteers.' They are banking on the theory that over time, an increase in growth (sales) will offset the relatively few lost customers who jump ship. It is a money grab, but if we want to put lipstick on a pig we could call it a tactic or, better yet, a "strategy." It is a money grab that Easton believes makes good business sense.

It will work out. Most customers have short memories anyway, and we are talking about a small demographic that still uses the scn series. Depending on how the Phenix and 2004 RT work out I may well be looking at Easton again one day. I'm not exactly scalded by this news. Just calling it like I see it.

VW

Apr 1, 2013
Man I was just about to put up a great shape SCN1B 31/21 on ebay since people are paying good money for them. Guess Im going to have to put it back in the bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00