Dropping hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Not to me. He did not push his arms away too soon.. Looks like he was fooled and extended his upper arms from his torso after his swing was normally over.
I also agree this is not a push. I just think he was late and had to initiate the launch sooner before his hands could get fully loaded.

Aug 20, 2020
Just for clarity.. this is not a swing, it's a demo and a lot of ingredients are missing. It's important to keep that in mind
View attachment 23373

Well since, according to @efastball, no pro has ever had a push swing, here are some amateur examples of what he considers to be a push swing. At least these are live swings at a moving ball.

eWLMMH2.gif

u6461a2.gif

eP6YCPU.gif

Last edited:

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
My daughter is dropping her hands when she swings. I bought a swing rail and are going to try it. Does anyone have any other advice. She is doing ok with her feet have been using a hitters power drive. Just trying to get her mechanics as good as they can be. Thanks
This may help explain why

Aug 20, 2020
much better stability and stretch. FYB. Do you have any higher strike swings?
I couldn't find anything particularly high from that same BP. Here are a couple from a BP about a week ago. These are fairly high, but still in the zone I believe - if it gets too far out of the zone, he won't swing. Also, he wasn't at full effort in these clips. We typically do about 3/4 of our BP at normal BP effort, and then finish at 100%. This was during the lesser-effort phase. In any event:

2ncAqwE.gif

mHTOVrT.gif

EDIT to add: To keep this in the context of the thread, I assume these would still be considered "push" swings by those who espouse such concepts.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020
@jamesd1628 the un-tip of the barrel is outta sequence. either get him to un-tip during the negative move or take it away imo. It’s hindering a longer contact zone.

View attachment 23382

Yeah, the bat tip thing. That's a fairly recent thing that resulted from working on a bat wrap issue. We've never discussed bat tipping and he's never done it before, but pushing the bat out that way helps him keep his bat more vertical at launch. I will give this some thought. Good eye.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I couldn't find anything particularly high from that same BP. Here are a couple from a BP about a week ago. These are fairly high, but still in the zone I believe - if it gets too far out of the zone, he won't swing. Also, he wasn't at full effort in these clips. We typically do about 3/4 of our BP at normal BP effort, and then finish at 100%. This was during the lesser-effort phase. In any event:

2ncAqwE.gif

mHTOVrT.gif

EDIT to add: To keep this in the context of the thread, I assume these would still be considered "push" swings by those who espouse such concepts.
quick peek. I think it’s a good swing. does he have any glaring holes in game? I remember you said something about inside pitches previously. But since then, the ‘turn’ has gotten tighter, don’t think that should be as much of an issue now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi