Dropping hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2021
My daughter is dropping her hands when she swings. I bought a swing rail and are going to try it. Does anyone have any other advice. She is doing ok with her feet have been using a hitters power drive. Just trying to get her mechanics as good as they can be. Thanks

Aug 20, 2017
I would say read the “Swing Down” thread but that would require some insanity lol. Look up the Bonds Drill and Yelich Drill. Those will help teach the hands to work from “on top”. Loading the hands could be a verbal/mental que that would help. If you post a video you will get some solid feedback. Probably not getting to a forward yet back position during stride

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I bought a swing rail and are going to try it.

This product may actually work for some people (almost every other hitting aid is destructive).

I would like to see videos of kids using it to see if it fixed their swing. It looks like it may fix what some call 'arm bar', and some 'casting'. It may fix some early (but not late) bat drag caused during the stride (but not after). But it may make a push swing worse, or cause a push swing if you don't have one already (when the bat device slides off the strap too early)

Very interesting new device.

May 12, 2016
My daughter is dropping her hands when she swings. I bought a swing rail and are going to try it. Does anyone have any other advice. She is doing ok with her feet have been using a hitters power drive. Just trying to get her mechanics as good as they can be. Thanks
Did you ever ask her why she drops her hands?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802