Dropped "pitch"... ball or no pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
The other thing to remember in this situation is that Cather's obstruction is still in play.

Since this is a pitch and a live ball, if the catcher or any other fielder picks up that ball before it reaches the plate AND the batter could have a chance to hit it, that is catcher's obstruction.

With the OP, that was not a concern as the ball was rolling toward the first base foul line well away from where the batter was.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Kind of off topic but pitchers should be instructed that once they break their hands, to always finish the pitch. Never stop the motion and hold on to the ball. It can be physically dangerous and at best it will be called as an IP.

Feb 12, 2012
Ball came out of my daughters hand as she started her pitch, runner on first broke to 2nd base and the ball went straight to the SS covering 2nd base. Runner was tagged by the SS who fielded the ball and called out. The pitch was called a ball on the batter.

Aug 6, 2013
ball came out of my daughters hand as she started her pitch, runner on first broke to 2nd base and the ball went straight to the ss covering 2nd base. Runner was tagged by the ss who fielded the ball and called out. The pitch was called a ball on the batter.

- nice!!! :)

Nov 29, 2009
Ball came out of my daughters hand as she started her pitch, runner on first broke to 2nd base and the ball went straight to the SS covering 2nd base. Runner was tagged by the SS who fielded the ball and called out. The pitch was called a ball on the batter.

The same thing happened to my DD except she did it on the backside of her circle drilling the ball into the ground. Luckily it kicked to the SS. The runner was so confused she ran right into the SS at 2nd. The other coach was going ballistic on the umpires want an IP called. She thought it was an illegal trick play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619