Drills to Isolate Proper Glute, Hip, Core Movement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I like this swing a lot and I believe it's one my DD can replicate more easily based on her current no stride approach.

What I would like to work on with her is a drill that takes the legs out of the equation for now and only focuses on the Glute, Hip, Core Movement. I feel I can get close to reproducing this type of movement, however I am a left handed hitter who is right handed. I know that should not make a difference, but explaining/demoing it to her (right handed hitter) can sometimes be a little difficult and confusing. We are both right leg dominant, for me it is the front leg, for her the back.

Jun 8, 2016
I like this swing a lot and I believe it's one my DD can replicate more easily based on her current no stride approach.

What I would like to work on with her is a drill that takes the legs out of the equation for now and only focuses on the Glute, Hip, Core Movement. I feel I can get close to reproducing this type of movement, however I am a left handed hitter who is right handed. I know that should not make a difference, but explaining/demoing it to her (right handed hitter) can sometimes be a little difficult and confusing. We are both right leg dominant, for me it is the front leg, for her the back.

Her actions are pretty simply so I would first just see if she can try copy her movement pattern..

May 12, 2016
Her actions are pretty simply so I would first just see if she can try copy her movement pattern..
I agree pattar and that's what I am thinking as well. I am just being proactive for when she fails to do so.. :)

May 12, 2016
I am a lousy person to suggest this....but you have to have a bit of patience :LOL:
LOLOL... yes you are. Believe me, I have a lot of patience.. however I would still like some drills (if there are any) to isolate what I mentioned above

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
source.gif

Nov 18, 2015
Or the Ryan Braun drills? - although that’s probably more a focus on using the hands than the torso and glutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles