Drill for waiting on the pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I think this is a Howard Carrier Drill so correct me if I'm wrong.
Set a tee for a low outside pitch...Knee high. Doing front toss, throw inside pitches, but on some follow through but do not throw the ball. She must immediately hit the outside ball on the tee to right field. If she doesn't keep her hands back and gets too forward, she won't be able to do much with that outside ball.

Oct 19, 2009
Easy drill that teaches them to stay back. Outside on concrete have her drop the ball or you can. She must hit it on the bounce up. Bustos does this drill.

I have discovered you can also bounce it off home plate, does not bounce as high, but almost.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
We use regular softballsl on concrete and each will bounce different depending on how they hit on the seam. I made a portable concrete pad using concrete square from hardware store with some rope handles. Heavy but you can lay it in the yard if you don't have a driveway.

Feb 8, 2009
We like to use cage balls. I m sure using any ball that bounces give the same result. I don't think tee drills achieve the desired effect, because the batter doesn't have to wait for a ball on a tee. JMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish