Dress protocol for attending college game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Does DD wear a tshirt or uniform shirt representing her TB organization when going to see a college game? We're going to an end of season tournament and at least two schools of her interest will be playing.

Thanks for any input.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I would definitely wear a t-shirt or jersey. They may not recognize her otherwise. I cannot recognize my own TB players in street clothes with their hair down so I can imagine what it is like for a college coach. I will say it is the norm at SC for recruits.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I recommend wearing a shirt of the schools biggest rival. UCLA game, wear a Cal shirt. Michigan game, wear an Ohio State shirt. Just make sure you eat your Wheaties in the morning. :)

On a serious note, all college games I've been to, the girls always wear something from their travel team or little league team. Most important, have a lot of fun and enjoy the game. They are a blast!

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Wheaties would be nice, but sadly I'm at the point I can't afford to skip my Fiber One.

We did good, looks like. DD's in a TB tshirt and I'm in my nicest coach shirt. DW is sporting one of her favorite tournament souvenir tees. Watching Coastal Carolina and Charleston Southern on a beautiful night. I think Liberty's up next. Time for a couple if hot dogs soon - which helps explain the Fiber One.

Rise, DD hits an SC camp this summer. I hear it's a decent enough place.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I recommend wearing a shirt of the schools biggest rival. UCLA game, wear a Cal shirt. Michigan game, wear an Ohio State shirt. Just make sure you eat your Wheaties in the morning. :)

On a serious note, all college games I've been to, the girls always wear something from their travel team or little league team. Most important, have a lot of fun and enjoy the game. They are a blast!

My DD 3 did something like this about a year ago.
The kids' HS mascot is the Spartans, exactly the same shade of green and white as Michigan State. One time DD 3 went to a volleyball clinic at the HS, got a t-shirt that says "Spartan Nation".

The next spring she went to a 12u and younger clinic after a Badgers softball game. I have pictures of DD 3 with both the mascot and the Badgers HC wearing that Spartan Nation t-shirt. The HC saw the shirt and asked me what HS DD3 was going to attend. Lady knows the local high schools.

A week later we went to watch DS in a rowing regatta hosted by Michigan. We stayed at a motel in Ann Arbor. DD 3 was about to leave the room with her Spartan Nation shirt. I asked her to change. We got to the race, and wound up sitting next to the family of a Michigan State rower...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck