Dr. Sherry Werner: Is Softball Pitching Safer Than Baseball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Fastpitch Radio Network link here.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Sherry Werner from the Sherry Werner Fastpitch Academy... in the DFW metroplex. Today's question: ‘Is Softball Pitching more safe and natural than baseball pitching?’ This is my favorite question, I answer it probably 50 times per week… we’ve done numerous studies that have been published in sports medicine journals that tell us no, the windmill pitch is not safe and natural, and it is certainly no more safe and natural than baseball pitching. In fact, the force that happens at the shoulder joint every time a ball is released, regardless if it’s overhand baseball pitching, or underhand softball pitching is exactly the same.”

Jan 4, 2016
Not posting to argue if softball pitching is or isn't safer than baseball but isn't this the same woman that is on the Finch instructional videos stating that the HE mechanics Doug Finch teaches are the only safe windmill pitching mechanics? I find it funny since my DD started the transition to IR she states she no longer gets any soreness in her shoulder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi