dp flex

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2008
Gotcha. So the flex hitting or running for the DP is considered a substitution, but the DP playing defense for anyone is simply a defensive swap?

Thanks

Jun 22, 2008
I think its already been covered earlier, but just a short rehash. The DP can play defense for anyone on the field, other than the flex without it being a substitution. If the DP does play defense for the flex, then the flex has left the game, the lineup has dropped to 9 players, and it is a subsitution for the flex. The flex is a defensive player and must be on the field on defense. The flex can play offense, but, only in the DP's batting position. If the flex does bat or run for the DP,again the lineup has dropped to 9 players, the DP has left the game and it is a subsitution for the DP.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
1) so the DP just hit and the Flex just plays Defense?? Is that correct?

2) You list the Flex on the bottom of the order (#10). Is that correct?

3) The DP can play defense for anybody in the field except for the FLEX w/o it being a subsitution.. Is that correct??

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
1) so the DP just hit and the Flex just plays Defense?? Is that correct?

The DP is an offensive position who is listed as one of the 9 batters. But, the DP can also play defense for anyone other than the flex. Yes, the Flex is a defensive player, but can play offense, but only for the DP position in the batting order.

2) You list the Flex on the bottom of the order (#10). Is that correct?

Yes, DP is one of the 9 batting positions, the Flex is listed 10th on the lineup card. Also, the DP/Flex must be specified on the lineup card at the start of the game.

3) The DP can play defense for anybody in the field except for the FLEX w/o it being a subsitution.. Is that correct??

Correct, DP can play defense for anyone but the flex without being a substitute. When the DP or Flex play for each other, it is only a substitution for the player who has left the game.

Aug 2, 2008
Come on coach tucc get with the program havent you got this figured out yet :D.

Thanks Comp.

I had this done perfectly 2 weeks ago only to have the other teams scorer tell out scorer in the 2nd inning that our dp needs to be listed 10th and the flex 4th and to make sure our dp only bats and that the flex can never bat :confused:.

I confered with the plate ump and he gave me the thumbs up. I'm sure the more I use this I will get lots of crazy interpretations mid game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan