Doesn’t sound good...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2017
Playing here in Georgia, where many don't believe Covid exists.
We drove from Chicago to SW Florida for Christmas. Only stopped for gas/bathroom breaks. The one stop in Georgia as my daughter and I walked into the gas station, the clerk said "we don't believe in masks around here, you can take those off". In the end, we all make choices. Was just strange to be actively told to remove the mask.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Everything is on schedule here (SW Missouri). School ball is on track to start games in a couple weeks. Masks are required by schools for the girls. Attendees are “required” to wear as well but it’s not enforced. I will say that during HS Fall ball LY almost all parents wore masks. No one around here really makes a huge fuss about it either way. We also have TB leagues which are starting on time. Nothing too crazy.

May 21, 2018
We have a full schedule(St. louis region), but it's of course started raining non-stop.:rolleyes:

Nov 8, 2020
What don't you believe? That he doesn't trust CIF to figure things out, that travel ball has been hit and miss, or that he's taken his kid out of state to play ball? Maybe you don't believe that he intends to leave CA? What?

What's "political" about it? Looks like some simple nonpartisan frustration that many are feeling right now.
Karens gotta Karen

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2011
Link? I don’t see any new Inslee announcements.

My girls have been playing twice a week in Everett, not tournaments, but double headers in “league play”. It’s a great format which I hope stays around.

Below document says no tournaments for 'moderate and high risk sports', with tournaments defined as ' as a series of contests where more than two teams compete against each other on the same day or within a 24 hour period, whether or not there is an ultimate winner or prize'.

So, double headers, but no tournaments.

COVID19 Sporting Activities Guidance.pdf (wa.gov)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I’m in California and we are playing. HS starts Early April. Pre season games next week.

I'm envious. While some HS teams in our league and area have been practicing for 3 weeks, and have pre-season games in the schedule in the near future, we don't know if we will even have a team. I traded messages with the Asst AD yesterday, and was told that we don't have clearance to use the fields (yet, football, basketball, and baseball are currently active at some level). From what I am also gathering, it looks like we might not have a coach, either. Furthermore, out only decent pitcher (a senior this year), had foot surgery recently, and probably couldn't pitch even if we had a season. Unless some surprise freshman stud shows up, we're going to be a much worse disaster than we have been.

As for travel ball, after a break in Dec and Jan, we've been playing friendlies every weekend since the start of Feb, and have our first tournament this weekend.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I dont trust the CIF Southern Section in California to figure things out. The public schools are going back to school 1 day a week for 3 hours and the students will be in one classroom on their computers the whole time. If they can't get the teachers union to get the teachers to teach, how are they going to get them to coach?

Travel ball has been hit and miss, some friendlies here in So Cal but any tournament the kids are going to play in have been in other states. So far we have been to Georgia, Alabama, Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Utah and Nevada to play in tourneys and show cases since July. California has been locked down. Soon as the kid graduates, we're out of this craphole.

I know of at least 6 HS programs that are up and running right now, just within the people in my close circle (DD's teammates and hitting instructor).

We're playing a tournament in So Cal this weekend.

Jan 22, 2011
In Northern California, my DD's HS team is going to have a season, but since she goes to a small school we only have 10 players at the moment. That is because of basketball and volleyball playing at the same time.

Her travel team has had double header friendlies the last three weekends.

Nov 8, 2020
I know of at least 6 HS programs that are up and running right now, just within the people in my close circle (DD's teammates and hitting instructor).

We're playing a tournament in So Cal this weekend.
In the Big 8 (which only has 6 schools) Norco and Centennial have been going for over a month now. Roosevelt and Santiago for a couple weeks. Corona and King are yet to get going much.
None of them have students back in school. The districts are still under the thumb of the teachers union which only wants the k-6 kids going to school 5 days a week. For the HS kids they're talking about 1-2 half days a week where the kids would stay in one classroom and still take all of their classes online.
Some of the schools attempt to be serious about softball, their rosters are filled with travel players and they have travel coaches running the programs. While other schools have a bunch of good travel players but the school itsself could care less about softball and the AD doesn't hire a strong coach or even a coach with a clue.
If it wasn't for travel ball the kid wouldn't have played or really even practiced in over a year. Luckily she played in a TCS event at Rosetta Canyon last weekend, a couple Alliance events in Arizona, a handful of alphabet events in Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Kansas and Texas and the Bombers and Thunderbolts invitationals in College Station, TX and Birmingham, AL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I'm envious. While some HS teams in our league and area have been practicing for 3 weeks, and have pre-season games in the schedule in the near future, we don't know if we will even have a team. I traded messages with the Asst AD yesterday, and was told that we don't have clearance to use the fields (yet, football, basketball, and baseball are currently active at some level). From what I am also gathering, it looks like we might not have a coach, either. Furthermore, out only decent pitcher (a senior this year), had foot surgery recently, and probably couldn't pitch even if we had a season. Unless some surprise freshman stud shows up, we're going to be a much worse disaster than we have been.

As for travel ball, after a break in Dec and Jan, we've been playing friendlies every weekend since the start of Feb, and have our first tournament this weekend.

Our team is in a similar spot. Basketball is going to happen at the same time and that takes two of our strongest players.

The team consists of two TB players ( My DD and a stud freshman) a former TB player, 5 pretty good players and the rest are green freshmen. Like never played SB before green.

The league is only going to be 6 teams. Believe it or not we might be competitive.
All the teams come from small private schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1