Does Your Team Have a Boombox? If Not, Why? Favorite Tunes?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Here at CDO high school, they use the sound system professionally. It is great and makes the game more enjoyable. They are state champs, normally. I forget if they do walk up music, but between innings the guy is great. He uses an ipod.

Not a fan either. It's an irritation for me, but I ain't the one playing so if the girls like it then I keep my mouth shut. For ten record, DD's teams she has played on has never had one.

In line with what Amy mentioned, the HS DD will attend next year let's each batter choose a song as "theme music" (so to speak) when they bat. Kind of fun, but probably more for the crowd than the kids.

Oct 25, 2009
I absolutely hate music during practice!!

Before the game at the field it's ok. They should more or less just be warming up anyway. Between batters or time outs, it's great. I remember in my younger days how certain songs could pump you up and make you feel bulletproof.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I know bama and probably every other ncaa team would disagree with most of you old farts.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I know bama and probably every other ncaa team would disagree with most of you old farts.

Is that a valid comparison comparing a team of 10 or 12U players showing up at one of 8+ fields blaring their boom boxes in competition with all of the other boom boxes as a team does pregame with a college team pregame where spectators are in attendance and so an entertainment enviroment is acceptable? Have you seen cases where bama played their boombox as every other NCAA team played theirs during pregame?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Is that a valid comparison comparing a team of 10 or 12U players showing up at one of 8+ fields blaring their boom boxes in competition with all of the other boom boxes as a team does pregame with a college team pregame where spectators are in attendance and so an entertainment enviroment is acceptable? Have you seen cases where bama played their boombox as every other NCAA team played theirs during pregame?

Now I am comparing ages, how many fields, other teams with music, if the environment is entertainment acceptable? I guess I was just trying to say that music pumps people up. Not really thinking about WWF type intros for the "UNDERTAKERS"

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
We have a Mom who bought one. Nice and we love it. Never super loud but loud enough to be heard.
As far as tunes...I do not care. I just like it as it adds to the girls being relaxed and ready to play. It is
basically a AMP box on wheel sold at the local Wholesale Club. You can plug your MP3 player in it and
rock out. I have seen people make the crazy large boxes and spend a ton of cash...Not sure that is needed
especially when it gets too loud. Loud is really on a problem in my mind for the teams playing on nearby fields
where the game is on and they are not between innings or on warm ups. Otherwise enjoy!

Oct 25, 2009
What I REALLY hate is a very expensive amp hooked to super cheap (or busted) speakers. And the owner/operators don't seem to notice it. Actually more common on cars (with loose) door metal!!

Jun 18, 2010
Our team has one and it is used during stretching and pre-game warmups. The girls enjoy it.

We were at a tournament a few weeks ago where the opposing team played music between 1/2 innings so loud that it made it difficult to communicate with our players.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi