Does Indoor Pitching Create Mechanical Problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
The pivot foot is supposed to be like the rudder on a ship, no drag because of excess weight on that foot like the anchor of a ship. There should be ONLY enough weight on that foot to keep it in contact with the ground, not an ounce more. Sounds like this is the more predominant problem that should be dealt with. Sounds like her weight might be too far back, way too soon.

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Thanks for the reply, Hal (I've your book, btw, thanks for all the advice in it). I believe you're right. She's overcompensating because she had leaping/illegal issues last year when she was 10. I can tell by how fast she's wearing through her shoes. We've been working on it and I think she's improving (I've havn't had to buy new cleats in a much longer time period). How do you suggest I deal with this? When she gets tired/sloppy she has a tendency to start leaning forward a bit, so I have to be careful I don't make that worse and continue to get her to be upright.

-W

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Someone once suggested putting a piece of typing paper under the toe of the pivot foot, when pitching onconcrete. Drag the paper bu dont tear the paper. make sure you have ALOT of paper on hand.

Or

Pracice on concrete with the stride shoe on but the pivot shoe off and two socks on the foot. Very little pressure, feels fine and glides right across the concrete. A little more than that and NOT COMFY AT ALL on the ole big toe! Make sure they are old socks too :)

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877