Does commitment go both ways?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

left turn

It's fun being a dad!
Sep 20, 2011
NJ
Left turn - Great posts, but I'm curious - will your DD be back next year?

No. We will be moving on. The risk is too great and the seasons are too valuable to be take the chance on being discarded based on a coach's whim. She has been on top and she has been on bottom. It is best for my daughter to play in a program that has a better balance between winning, development and commitment to the player.

Apr 1, 2010
That team has one more tournament this weekend. My student will not be there. She was told she will pitch a pool game but then no more, and she's already been told she won't be playing the field much so not much point in going

I guess I'm a sap, but it was my daughter, I'd grit my teeth and take her to that last tournament. It's not that I agree with what that coach has done, but that I want my daughter to understand that it's important for her to keep HER word.

Apr 13, 2010
I agree with MsDinosaur. Once you join a team you stick it out through thick and thin. Move on after the season is over.

Oct 7, 2009
Daughter's team plays tomorrow at 6:00. At 3:45 this afternoon, one of the girls' father calls the coach and informs him that she'll be picking up tomorrow with the team my daughter's team is playing.

I wonder what this father feels about the concepts of honor, commitment, responsibility, and loyalty generally and not just as they apply to the softball world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24