Do Rosin bags help in cold weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks for the info on Liquid Grip, Rick.

Their website says that it is NFHS (high school) and ASA approved for softball and baseball in all fielding positions.

-W

Mar 26, 2013
The ASA letter says it meets the rule requirements for pitchers, but its packaging prevents it from being taken onto the field. It can only be used in the dugout (and on deck circle for batters).

Jul 26, 2010
The ASA letter says it meets the rule requirements for pitchers, but its packaging prevents it from being taken onto the field. It can only be used in the dugout (and on deck circle for batters).

This is true, but this product supposedly stays on the hands until it's washed off with soap and water, so there should be no need to reapply on the field.

-W

Mar 26, 2013
This is true, but this product supposedly stays on the hands until it's washed off with soap and water, so there should be no need to reapply on the field.
Good point on it not needing to be applied as frequently as powder resin. I suspect the way it is applied would also be better suited for being done off the field so it has sufficient time to dry.

I found it odd the ASA letter said they don't list products as approved because their rules say that pitchers can only use "powder resin and/or an approved drying agent that is included on the list published by the ASA." :confused: The only product shown on the ASA website is Gorilla Gold.

Rules also say drying agents have to be used under the supervision of the umpire. It may be a good idea to check with the umpire before applying it in case they aren't going to allow it or want to watch it applied.

May 17, 2012
If it is cold, ask the umpires if she can blow on her fingers. Also, you can ask if she can place he fingers in her mouth. That is how I dealt with pitching and the cold although it was baseball. Most umpires allowed both myself and my opponent to do so.

The first time I read this I thought you were talking about having the umpire blow on her hands. Then I figured it out. Getting slow in my old age. ;)

Worked with the Rosin bag this morning and it helped. But she had to use it every few pitches but it was enough that she got her grip back.

Yes, when using the GG she used it on her hands, not the ball. Perhaps she went a little overboard on it.

Thanks for the replies

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877