Dilemma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
How about this?
Step one:
tumblr_ottnbhXXSZ1usf292o1_400.gif

The hands and shoulders do everything they can to NOT go in a circular path. The barrel is launched into a circular path, about the hands. But the hand path is very linear. As soon as the hand path is allowed to go circular, to take the hard left....or the hard right....any and all stretch is lost. It is then replaced with rotational momentum. You need a rotational drive. The hitter who has a circular hand path is in neutral, not drive. And his swing will be finished with the push of the arms evidenced by the push of the scap.

The hand path MUST remain linear.
The barrel is launched 'out from' the body....not 'around' the body.

Step two:

Here is the EXACT SAME HAND PATH.....
tumblr_ottnpqOmmK1usf292o1_400.gif

..WITH the body's turn.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Individual arm feels.....

kq0UX65.gif

Bottom Hand
cVboqZe.gif

Top Hand
oBr7GIY.gif

Top Hand with Body Turn

Putting it together...
HksQbzQ.gif

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
qx90c41.gif

Snap Stops....Have DD get in front of a mirror and do this.....Turn the barrel from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock. Work on creating immediate bat speed. Turning the barrel rearward. Adduct the rear humorous and supinate the rear forearm simultaneously. If the hands start approximately 6-10 inches from the rear shoulder they should be approximately the same distance away at the conclusion of the snap stop. I often tell kids imagine a pole running through their hands and through their rear shoulder. Hands remain relatively consistent in relation to the shoulder, the barrel pivots around them. (Creating a Hand Pivot Point) Next put a ball on a tee and perform snap stops. Some helpful cues for me have been "back elbow replaces the front elbow, front elbow works up", "turn the triangle", "knob to nose". I think these are a staple when learning to turn the barrel........

His front side flys open, shoulder and elbow, weight on back leg. Not something I would teach, your students will be looking for a new hitting instructor after a few at bats in a game.

Straightleg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes