Dented TCB balls?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
After reading good reviews of them here, I bought a half dozen of these. They're great, but so far we're only using four of them. Two of the four aren't round. They seem like they're not fully "filled" by whatever the stuff is that's inside them. Basically, if they're sitting on a flat surface, they look like yellow apples, with an indented top.

Is this normal? Should I go ahead and use them or try to send those two back?

Apr 1, 2010
Thanks, SBFamily, I've added those two to the bag. Now we won't have to stop quite as often to round 'em up. :)

Oct 18, 2009
Thinking of getting these. Any thoughts on how they affect the bat? Would you use your composite bats with them?

Oct 25, 2009
I wouldn't use the two-piece style bats with the TCBs. I believe it would have a negative effect on the bat where the rubber-type connection is. Bats like the purple and white Stealth or the Xeno, for example. Solid bats wouldn't have that problem.

I haven't used the TCBs but I'm going to soon.

Oct 25, 2009
What negative effect are you talking about?

The unnecessary stress at the joint of the bat has got to have a negative effect. I'm pretty sure those bats weren't designed to hit balls any heavier than softballs. Of course the bat manufacturer could tell you one way or the other. I sure wouldn't spend $300 for one of those bats and hit weighted balls--no matter how soft.

Mar 12, 2009
They will not hurt a bat. They are soft. I would vote them the best new product , since the whiphit.

I have the whiphit but really never knew what drills to do with it. Should you use it on a tee or front toss or side toss? What are you looking for when you've made a mistake with it or when you are using it correctly?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles