Demarini Vendetta Rails

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Coach has one of these today. Not a cheap bat for a coach to have, especially one on a teacher's salary with two little girls. About died when she used it to hit bang a new pitching rubber into the ground. (Our old one had broken in the middle of the game, luckily we had a new one in the shed.)

She said she wasn't worried about the bat due to the fact that they were going to be banned because of the rails next year. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Here is the bat listed online.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I have heard stuff about them snapping in half as well, at the rails part. I have also heard that they have reinforced the more recent productions of them, so supposedly this shouldn't happen as often now.

I'm just curious as to whether or not they will be banned.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't think that any bats that are currently approved are going to be banned. Those rumors go around every year.

If she is driving the pitcher's plate in with a bat, that is what is tearing up the rubber. You have to use a rubber mallet.

Sep 3, 2009
The Vendettas are prone to cracking/breaking. As far as being banned next year... pfffft. That's an unfounded rumor. The "rails" are just a marketing gimmick.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I don't think we have a rubber mallet. Since this was in the middle of a game, she resulted to that. Our pitching rubber can be removed, but we leave it in.

I don't think the bat hits as great as some of the other higher end bats. Would be a great bat for a younger girl, as a starter bat.

Aug 2, 2008
We broke two in a week, the first one was a month old and the second a year old. Both in the same place right in the middle of the rails.

Oct 19, 2009
It's not just the Vendetta. We've had two of the Demarini Cat Osterman bats break just above the handle this year. Just beyond the warranty period of course. One was my little 8 YO hitting 40 mph live pitching in 70 degrees.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
This is very interesting to note. All the recent praise of Demarini bats and people going from Easton (who is known for having bats break) to Demarini. Now, with all of these people switching we are starting to see that these bats are breaking just as well.

I've posted before that I was wary of Eastons after hearing so many break, but now I'm wary of everything. Even the one piece composite bats can break. I saw a girl hit one off the end of a synergy and off goes the end cap of it.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
I saw several vendettas break last yr and they were never that good of a bat either. Not worth spending money on. The 2008 stealth was pretty fragile too, , every one I knew that had it had cracks at the joint.

Noticed that UCLA last night (vs ULL) was using all old bats. 2006-2008 synergy's, 2007-2008 stealth's. Saw ONE new 2010 synergy come up to the plate. They hit 4 HR in the game I think. not saying that had anything to do with it, they have some beefy girls, but they obviously made an attempt to aquire some older bats to still be using them.!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877