Decision 2011

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
3'sDad, we are from the Maryland/DC area. I think our situation is also a Win/Win with either team DD chooses. Both have their positives and negatives. However, since player development is the goal, I want DD to play for the A class team. The quality of competition will be better and this will greatly help develop her skills both offensively and defensively. Also, the A class team has more practices scheduled then the C class team. They will also play in more tournaments as well as fall ball. Like I said in a previous post, she has already told me which team she wants to play for and her mom is being over-ruled (2 votes to 1). Ironically, from a cost stand point, the A class team is a little cheaper. More bang for your buck!

This board is always a lot of help and it is great to see people respond with their thoughts.

Aug 19, 2010
based on the info i would chose team 1 just because there is more competition in class A.
I understand its a hard choice but I'm playing on an 18u class A team as a 16 year old and I'm not the star pitcher or player but i chose it because there is a lot more competition than the 16u class B team i was on.
and plus if shes not the star pitcher it will keep her working hard so she can be.

Jan 13, 2010
This is excactly what we just went through with our DD. We pretty much let DD pick and she picked the "A" team even though she knows she will see less pitching time. Hopefully that will make her work harder all winter and get that #1 spot. The only heartburn I have is what if she doesn't progress as fast as all the other girls and next year we are hunting for a team. I would hope the team she left would let her try out and not hold anything against her. Her old team is very close, and a good B team. I was having a very hard time deciding if "I" wanted her to move to this A team, because i know she could have been on this good B team for her whole career. Probably could have been the #1 or #2 the whole time as well. The more i think about it, staying put was the SAFE play...moving her to a higher team will hopefully make her better then she would have gotten on the B team.
Sure is hard being a Crazy Dad.

Aug 23, 2010
Well, my daughter did decide to play for the "A" class team. After several days of thought, she decided that the benefits of playing fastpitch softball with girls that are as talented or more talented then her is an opportunity that she doesn't want to miss out on. These other players will push her and make her work harder then she already does. The team had their first practice over the weekend and all I can say is "Wow". As a parent I know she made the right decision. The differences in the practices and the expectations of the coaching staff for this 10U "A" class team vs. the "C" class team she played for last season was evident from the moment the team stepped on the field. Every single player was focused and putting out 110% on every play. Bottom line, these girls "WANT IT".

Jan 13, 2010
My daughter is 10..playing first year at 12U. I had the same feelings as "Presidente" at the first practice. All the girls were giving 100% and all very good already. Plus the practice was just run a bit better.

Presidente...check you PM...we are pretty close to each other. We might cross paths this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach