Deciding to try a Freak Black?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2014
DD used hers for three games last weekend, 12 at bats. She told me her final opinion is "great pop but too light". For reference, she swings 32/22 LXT, which is pretty balanced as is.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD used hers for three games last weekend, 12 at bats. She told me her final opinion is "great pop but too light". For reference, she swings 32/22 LXT, which is pretty balanced as is.

The Black is VERY balanced. Will weigh more on point than the LXT which is about a half ounce over or so.

Jul 6, 2013
So a couple questions cause I have zero knowledge of this bat. Lol.

Why are there basically no reviews online of this bat (other than here of course)? Brand new?

DD swings a 32/22 xeno now. With the balance differences, would she better served with a 33/23 Freak? I was really hoping to grab her a -9 or maybe even a -8 for her next bat, but the folks here seem to like it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So a couple questions cause I have zero knowledge of this bat. Lol.

Why are there basically no reviews online of this bat (other than here of course)? Brand new?

DD swings a 32/22 xeno now. With the balance differences, would she better served with a 33/23 Freak? I was really hoping to grab her a -9 or maybe even a -8 for her next bat, but the folks here seem to like it.

Easy...Miken doesnt have any college teams so to speak and people dont like change or trying new things.

And if somebody is swinging a 32/22 Xeno, I would do an ounce up but thats just my
opinion. Take for whats its worth. The only bat I wouldnt go up an ounce is if you were
swinging a Demarini before.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
I called Miken to ask them about a possible demo out in my neck of the woods, they said No, not yet - but treated me right on the price and asked me to share it around the team. :) Happy to oblige, just hope I can convince dd to try it. Maybe I'll "accidentally" leave the Xeno at home next practice?? :rolleyes:

I called them about a demo and was also told the same thing. I then asked about if they had any special pricing so they could their brand out and was told that they didn't. I would really like to try one before investing $200 plus.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06