Deciding to try a Freak Black?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2014
A google search for "Team Miken" turns up a few teams that appear to be sponsored by Miken. That seems like a good way to break into the business.

A good bat like this one will earn them business over time. Word of mouth goes a long way, it just takes time.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I had a nice convo with my Miken district rep and he acknowledged very quickly that breaking into the FP market is a work in progress still at the moment and is going to take more time

Tell him to follow 2Legit's lead... OU, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, & UT. They managed to have a 2Legit in C's hands when she breaks the all time HR record...any day now. :cool:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
They dont make many off size bats in this. I just looked, I only see drop 10's

I'd be all over a drop 9, esp after Imlearning said her dd thought it swung like a Mako.

BTW, DD is liking her Core Mako a little more all the time. She switched from her Rocketflex rather grudgingly.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
I had a nice convo with my Miken district rep and he acknowledged very quickly that breaking into the FP market is a work in progress still at the moment and is going to take more time

I called Miken to ask them about a possible demo out in my neck of the woods, they said No, not yet - but treated me right on the price and asked me to share it around the team. :) Happy to oblige, just hope I can convince dd to try it. Maybe I'll "accidentally" leave the Xeno at home next practice?? :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2015
Tennessee
I posted this in another thread and will here...the Miken Freak Black is hot and this is coming from a guy who is bat poor from buying every in style bat there is. The Miken Freak Black is by far the best of the bunch. Have courage people and sway from the crowd of the Xenos and Makos of the world and get a Freak Black...you will be very glad you did.

May 7, 2013
Seymour, In
Still haven't seen one around my part of the woods. We are playing in a tourney up around indy this coming weekend. Maybe get a different view and see if anyone up there is swinging one. My DD asks me every day if it has come in yet. She is very excited to get a new bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06