DD's video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
DD is a 2017 grad, just turned 16. She has always been a worker and has
had some fairly solid mechanical training in the last 4 years imo.

She used to have a very wide open stance to start, but struggled with timing
against faster pitching. She has been working on a shorter, less open stance,
as of late.

See what you DFP pro's can do with this video and let me have the good,
bad and the ugly with her swing. I will try to get some better footage tomorrow.

Thanks guru's in advance for any help!!

http://youtu.be/n8b-i48d0bg

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
jl2ptf.gif

Just curious...has she had her training at Baseball Rebellion?

DD reminded me of this:

16mmc1.gif

CP

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I'll stand by and wait for one of the hitting mechanics guys to see something and comment. The only thing I can offer you is to have her start working on the Domingo Ayala chain pop and Jeffrey Leonard's one flap down. She hits the ball hard. Very nice.

Feb 14, 2010
Roscoe,

She's way out of sequence. The upper half is ahead of lower and pulling the rear. The reason she struggles against velocoty is because all her bat speed is out front because there's no corner and she pushes her hand forward bad. She has no resistance/rag wringing. I would guess when she faces velocity she has to cheat to catch up to it and then is susceptible to off speed.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I would say to much travel in her swing. Her head travels along way, which means her eyes are moving a lot.
With so much travel, she has too stand up in her swing to get her energy to the ball which like crank said is out front.

SL

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Agree w/ Crankermo, although to me, the sequence is pretty good except for that one big thing - the hips don't lead enough. Hands and shoulders go too soon. That probably explains why the hitter appears kinda upright at contact, rather than a slight lean back, which leads to faster rotation. So I think as hard as she might hit the ball, that she could hit it harder. But the bigger issue w/ the sequence (hands & shoulders wanting to overtake the hips too soon) is that it makes it harder to time speed, IMO. Donny Buster's presentation explains this well, although can't find a copy.

May 3, 2014
Very common issue of creating movement without resistance as way to move forward.

Using the pelvis to rotate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06