Help with dd’s hitting!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2021
Can anyone help us figure out why my 9yo dd is only getting an occasional good hit? We are newbie softball parent here and have been attempting to work with her to try to correct her batting stance/transfer of power. I bought her a bigger bat thinking maybe that would help. She has a DeMarini Prism (28" 17oz -11) that she's had since last season, and I just bought her the Ghost Advance (29" 18oz -11). She seems to get the balls out with both bats, but they only occasionally make the "pop" sound and give us a ball in the outfield or a line drive. It's usually a dull clunk sound. Again total newbie here lol! I took some videos to show her batting. Sorry for the bad camera skills! Any tips or tricks of any kind would be greatly appreciated!Batting First bat Batting 2nd bat

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Everyone is more qualifyed then me so take this with a grain of salt. She does not need to swing at everything, she needs to relax a little bit. She has 3 cracks at it.

Mar 22, 2021
Absolutely! She has a good eye on what to hit while in the game, she just sometimes thinks she can reach for the ultra high or low ones to get a hit! 😂 We’ve been working on that since 8u 🙄

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Like her swing. Force production seems good. It appears she is very moblie in her front hip. Causes a bit of drag. Close off her stance a bit. Get her in a more balanced stance as well. Video and post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45