DD's game swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I cannot figure out why DD keeps going underneath the ball at contact. Below is a slow motion swing from a game this past weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [video=youtube_share;2nGmlkdbhss]http://youtu.be/2nGmlkdbhss[/video]

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hope you don't mind but, I grabbed a swing from 7 months ago. When a video is slow-mo it's hard for me on my free gif maker to make a gif. Your DD is doing what she has practice to do. Drop hands down to the ball. Don't be fooled by the high finish after contact.
tumblr_o67t7iK3tF1usf292o1_250.gif

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Oh wow. They do look similar. I thought the dropping hands had gotten better but I guess not as good as I thought. We have been doing some things that I thought were helping but apparently we need to do some more/other drills. Any suggestions? Thanks.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
MannySwingPlane.gif

Hitters hands go down and extend level/long through.

What I did with my DD was set a tee about knee high. I had my DD learn how to hit line drives. Your DD needs to learn how the body helps assist getting down to the ball by tilting.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Another drill to try:
ask your daughter to beat balls straight into the ground ~ 4' in front of the tee. Than increase it to 10'. Than 20, etc. Get her to have a more direct hand path.
Might help your DD to 'keep hands above the ball longer'.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid