DD really wants to try metal cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
moving to 14u this fall, and she really wants to try metal cleats. she also really prefers mid rise vs low rise cleats. been looking online, have not seen anyone that has any in her size.

does anyone know who makes a metal mid rise cleat? or is it simply a timing thing, they run big batches through manufacturing probably in late fall early winter, and we need to wait for new stuff to come out?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD's mid-rise preference is New Balance, but has also worn Nikes. She has a big enough foot to wear men's sizes, though, and we usually don't have trouble finding something online. She has recently switched back to tow-tops (still New Balance).

May 19, 2016
Can’t go wrong with New Balance or Mizuno in my option. DD swears they are the most comfortable.

Jun 26, 2020
I use to wear mids and high top spikes and I noticed a higher rate of ankle sprains. On a suggestion I tried lows and it never happened again. Take that for what it's worth of course

New Balance is killing it in cleats. They came out of now where. Also the benefits of different widths help a lot

Apr 28, 2019
moving to 14u this fall, and she really wants to try metal cleats. she also really prefers mid rise vs low rise cleats. been looking online, have not seen anyone that has any in her size.

does anyone know who makes a metal mid rise cleat? or is it simply a timing thing, they run big batches through manufacturing probably in late fall early winter, and we need to wait for new stuff to come out?
NB, UA, Nike are probably your best bets.

Apr 26, 2015
Have her try on a couple pair if you can. DD preferred the way the spikes were set on her Mizunos. Felt less apt to roll her ankle. She had to wear NB this last year because that was the team sponsored shoe and she (and every other girl on our team) hated them. Said they hurt their feet. However she has some NB turf shoes and loves them - they must be a different style. I've heard good things about Ringors too.

For what it's worth DD always wore a mid rise cleat until she went to metal - then - like you we were unable to find mid rise in her size. She has not had any problems with the lower rise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad