DD pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
Shockcoach, have you been working with her on internal rotation or has she just been picking up on it herself?

No I haven't ever worked on that. I have always told her to relax her arm and let it go where it wants to go after the pitch is released.

Might want to work with her on not using her pivot foot as a brake causing her to lean forward when she pitches loosing about 10mph before you worry too much about the natural arm whip that occurs when a pitch is correct (otherwise known as IR).

-W

She is leaning and not following through, which she wasn't before she took her break. We'll be fixing that, too.

Oct 22, 2009
No I haven't ever worked on that. I have always told her to relax her arm and let it go where it wants to go after the pitch is released.

Thanks this is what I have noticed with my pitchers that are coming from other instructors that teach the push down pull up release.
The good ones naturally release with internal rotation. They have no idea they are doing that.

I had a pitcher of mine, leave me to go to a push down pull up instructor and I watch her do her push down wrist flips all the time. I wonder what her parents will do if they ever video tape her and see she is still internally rotating?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG