DD Getting Frustrated with Speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Thanks Ken! I don't see palm up at 9 in the video above. I do see it after release but that is a different topic. Also, thanks for posting the different pics of various sports to help me understand. Seems as if palm up at 9 versus lead with pinky may be splitting hairs. I went back and looked at some of Coach Pauly's videos and he did say to be careful not to have palm-up especially in the younger pitchers and he also said having palm up with a drop and fb will be much less used versus advanced pitches. However he also mentions that his daughter had a slight palm-up in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HdCsvCn5L4

Again, just wondering if palm-up is "gospel" or if lead with the pinkie is more beneficial or if the girl has gotten that far and away from HE then either way will work well.

Thanks Ken!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Ken,

Also a big thanks for the links to the other threads. I will check them out! Much appreciated!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I will respectfully disagree with not teaching young ones how to get the most out of whip, especially when they are learning the basics. My suggestion is for you to try both ways and feel how much more the ball explodes out of your hand when you loosen up and allow the whip to occur.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Example ...

jg4psh.gif

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Thank you both! Late night with the series and my wheels are turning. I hear what you are saying and yet another reason not to change anything as both DD's are already palm up.

Perhaps I should have started a new thread on this called " how do I find previous threads that already have plenty of information." Thanks Ken for sending the links again. Reminded me of the time that I read them a couple years ago and applied them. Just keep forgetting what I learned the day before I guess...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA