DD Bunts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
107tkrb.gif

Thank You Mr. Bass... She will love the profile pic and the .gif...

EP:
Im just letting the .gif run and run that you and GC got for me & for everyone else to see.... after 100 plus times, they make it look like nothing but easy... great pics thx

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
SE Michigan
I'm not sure what exactly she was trying to do...there are a lot of bunt variations. If this was a sac then I agree with the grip comments but the primary issue is that she is late getting the bat in ready-to-bunt position and as a result she is still moving the barrel forward at contact. The bat should already be up, out front and nearly level just after release so she has plenty of time to get the bat end...last 3 inches...into contact path. Ideal to actually move bat backward at instant of contact (like slapper gif) to soften the hit and increase chances of reaching base but that takes a lot of practice.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'm not sure what exactly she was trying to do...there are a lot of bunt variations. If this was a sac then I agree with the grip comments but the primary issue is that she is late getting the bat in ready-to-bunt position and as a result she is still moving the barrel forward at contact. The bat should already be up, out front and nearly level just after release so she has plenty of time to get the bat end...last 3 inches...into contact path. Ideal to actually move bat backward at instant of contact (like slapper gif) to soften the hit and increase chances of reaching base but that takes a lot of practice.

Thankz go4um... Yes it was a sac, because she didn't make it... like I'm sure HC wanted, and needed. But it did advance the runner, and better than a K. It was a drop dead...70 min. We had lost what I thought was a tie the game before, because they count the number of runners that made it to 3rd for tie beaker, and revert back to the inning before. (Not real sure about all that) We was able to win all the tosses, and took the advantage of being the visitors. We were (I think) trying to jump up early, and hold lead... We did it good this game, and even better when faced the Champs that eliminated us, but we had & held early lead, and just got beat 3-2.

I agree with you. DD is pretty fast, not the fastest though. She has never got on, but has sac against (among the best) in the State 6 times in last 2 yrs. It has been a confidence boost for our heavy hitters. Agreed needs LOTZ of practice. I'm getting lotz of good help, to see to it she is practicing the right things. Thx Again!

Another problem I have, is she can hit the ball too, and she pulls up on a strike...( NOW I'm thinking) because she knows thats the one she would want to swing away at, and goes after the lower ones to bunt...no choice... bunt is called, and she loves to bunt, and was recruited for her bunting (courage)... so far it has worked out pretty good. But we are not winning it all.

Apr 15, 2012
I think what some of the others are trying to ask or point out is. If the coach gave the sign to sac bunt, then she should be squared around way sooner. If the sign was bunt for a hit, then I think she is very close to figuring it out and just a tad late. We teach our girls to square around and hold top of the zone and work down. Anything above the bat, pull back.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I think what some of the others are trying to ask or point out is. If the coach gave the sign to sac bunt, then she should be squared around way sooner. If the sign was bunt for a hit, then I think she is very close to figuring it out and just a tad late. We teach our girls to square around and hold top of the zone and work down. Anything above the bat, pull back.

Thankz 42'sdad... I see what your saying, and helped me understand the other comments better !!! I'm not sure if we have anything more than just bunt, or swing away. I do know we needed her to advance the runner, and get on base at that point of the game. Thx Again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1