DD Bunts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
ANY input is welcomed... Thx

She did lay the next pitch down to advance the runner... missed getting it filmed. Im guessing she had more angle on the bat... ???

[video=youtube_share;aDaHwRvTtas]http://youtu.be/aDaHwRvTtas[/video]

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Assuming this was a sac bunt, I would bet that she squared a little earlier (and had more time) on the one she got down - looks like she was late/rushed getting to contact on the one you filmed. I like the bat starting high and then adjusting down, but I'd like to see the front knee a little more bent, which would allow her to adjust to lower pitches using her legs more than bending at the waist. What has she been taught re hand position? IMO, having at least one hand near the taper/barrel junction provides better bat control, but as long as they're consistently effective I don't care how or what end of the bat they use.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Assuming this was a sac bunt, I would bet that she squared a little earlier (and had more time) on the one she got down - looks like she was late/rushed getting to contact on the one you filmed. I like the bat starting high and then adjusting down, but I'd like to see the front knee a little more bent, which would allow her to adjust to lower pitches using her legs more than bending at the waist. What has she been taught re hand position? IMO, having at least one hand near the taper/barrel junction provides better bat control, but as long as they're consistently effective I don't care how or what end of the bat they use.

Thx Again... Im not sure about the Re-hand, and who taught her that ??? Not me, she was super nervous... biggest event for her so far... Will be going over your points with her... today

Feb 24, 2012
At least one hand higher towards barrel for sure for better control! We teach bottom hand to top of grip and top hand to balance point of bat. Makes for great control!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
At least one hand higher towards barrel for sure for better control! We teach bottom hand to top of grip and top hand to balance point of bat. Makes for great control!

Like this?
143lw8h.gif

Not this?
14tq4uo.gif

Feb 24, 2012
Both above are good! We teach top style for max control. Although, some more comfortable w/ left hand lower as in bottom vid.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Both above are good! We teach top style for max control. Although, some more comfortable w/ left hand lower as in bottom vid.

Agree w/ GC. If a player a player is consistently effective and comfortable with either one of the methods shown in the images, I wouldn't make them change. Starting from scratch, I prefer the split grip.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Agree w/ GC. If a player a player is consistently effective and comfortable with either one of the methods shown in the images, I wouldn't make them change. Starting from scratch, I prefer the split grip.

GM... you know I dont have anything in stone yet on hitting... she has been doing real good, but probably not doing samething everytime... can't really tell, because of different camera angles.... Ill post the other one let you look see... I like what you and GC are saying, and she is not far off it... Heck Im just now finding out my camera can zoom like that...I'll try to get some better shots, or at least from same spot...

Bunting Clinic - YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24