Day 1: Conversion to I/R

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Crab

Crab
Jan 21, 2013
Rocky mount nc
Based on everyone's feedback, trying to convert her to I/R pitcher. Took some video (not great due to poor lighting) and as you can not using full motion yet just trying to build it piece by piece.

Does this look right?
[video=youtube_share;C3i3jSejTtk]http://youtu.be/C3i3jSejTtk[/video]

Looks like she is getting a good start obviously will take a while but the goal is obviously to get her used to a loose arms that whips which it looks like she is starting to get the hang of...keep up the good work

Jun 18, 2010
Crab, nice start. Look at BMs front foot and hip angle as he demonstrates the drill your DD is doing:

262ttz5.gif

JMO, I have started having my DD do these type of drills with a 35-45 degree foot and hips.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
It is weight shift to the front foot then throw. The front foot needs planted before she throws, not while she throws. It will make a big difference downstream. I understand that foot plant and release feels stronger when it happens at the same time, but one is not dragging a 50 pound weight forward a few inches but rather throwing a ball smoothly "with whip". Any drifting robs you of the ability to increase this whip.

I wish I had "understood" this in the beginning. It is important. Overhand, underhand, batting, all work off the planted front foot and then the whip.

I think she will have a lot of fun this year.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Don't drag that back foot up with the ball. Pitch and then, close. And "release the ball and relax." Lower the right shoulder. Get loose. Don't force the hand into any position. She is tight, right now.

Do "Over and Unders" 1 overhand throw, then, 1 underhand throw. See how they are similar. Pay attention to the feet during the overhand. Try that, with the underhand. Then, add the feet and do underhand long toss.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd