Daughter swing faster with overload bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2017
Your DD's swing looks good up to front toe landing. After that.... The 'chickening wing' is there. I'm guessing the 'forced' high over the shoulder finish is the cause. It's forcing your DD to get into positions that allows the high finish. Need to 'free' up those hands to TTB. Again JMHO.
I never knew that was an issue. It could be my fault because that is her way of creating a 90 degree turn. My guess is she is forcing the connection instead of allowing it to flow? I’m not sure researching myself.

May 20, 2017
I use high tee for that. High inside pulled balls... Or a heavy bat or long bat with front toss briskly inside, ask for the ball to be pulled. She will have to slot properly and the planing will improve.
Could it be she is trying not to pull the ball. I try to keep her center to right center even on inside balls. Do you have any videos of the drills your prefer?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Could it be she is trying not to pull the ball. I try to keep her center to right center even on inside balls. Do you have any videos of the drills your prefer?

It could be. could be other things as well. Trying to stay inside the ball too much or letting it get too deep. For me staying up the middle or going oppo is a 2 strike approach or a hit and run situational thing or is a moving a runner thing. It’s very easy to get into a push pattern when always going ‘oppo’. Pulling the ball should be practiced as well.

he’s going oppo here but is on plane deep and not pushing.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
bella1.JPG

At toe touch, notice:
1) hips are not level
2) front leg is 'straight' not bent
3) shoulder is coiled back probably too far

#1 is causing #2, which is causing her to lunge forward (after toe touch), and have a slight pause in her swing
The front leg must be bent at landing, then straighten in order to push the front hip backwards, and speed up the torso rotation.
Her leg lands straight, then bends - that's backwards.

#3 is somewhat typical while using a tee. Try to minimize this, and maximize the hip rotation. The hips and shoulders should be coiling inward in unison as you go forward into toe touch.

Fixing #3 may help #1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying