Daughter Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
I see some Cheri Kempf influence in your daughter's style if not mistaken. In the video, she is replanting and leaping(notice where she replants and pushs off the mat there are no drag marks from the push off point). Many say that pitching inside on a mat that this is common. I'm curious; How old is your DD? I would like seeing more of her pitching the last 30 sec. than the guy on the bucket. No offense, Dad.

Last edited:

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Yes there is a lot of Cheri Kempf style involved. She is replanting in this video. I showed her on the video, it has never been a problem before. She is aware now and corrected that. It may very well be due to no rubber on the mat. Sorry for video of catcher at end. I didn't do the recording. LOL
She just turned 14yoa and is in the 8th grade. Thanks for response.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Looks great from this one angle. The replant does often occur indoors without a pitching rubber. Ideally have her pitch indoors of off a rubber. Have any idea of mph. It looks pretty effortless either meaning she has real nice timing and mechanics or she could go a little harder.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Not sure on mph. The last time on a jugs radar it was 57-60 range for 10 pitches. Her goal is to reach 62 mph consistent before jr year (She is working hard, but not sure it will happen). So far playing in 14u we've seen you can get by with speed against a lot of teams. 16u&18u is another story. Gotta hit spots and change speeds.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I like this young lady. This is what I mean about "rhythm and balance." She has them both. This probably comes from good training and genetics. And she is still in 8th grade, so more speed will come as she matures. She isn't going to have to do much, except let nature take it's course. Congratulations.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
I like this young lady. This is what I mean about "rhythm and balance." She has them both. This probably comes from good training and genetics. And she is still in 8th grade, so more speed will come as she matures. She isn't going to have to do much, except let nature take it's course. Congratulations.

Thanks for the kind words. She has put in a lot of work and been blessed to work with some knowledgeable people. We have learned to not get to "high" on the good days and to "low" when she struggles. It does seem she is maturing mentally and physically as she gets older. As a parent I have to remember to let "nature take it's course". She plays with a team made up mostly of juniors in high school and had a few growing pains at first (overthrowing) but then setlled down and did ok. Thanks again.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Didn't I see Morgan pitching 2 years ago in Gallatin? She has grown since then, and her pitching looks very good.

I don't think we have played in Gallatin (can't remember for sure). Have played in Gatlinburg area and several other places between there and Nashville and Chattanooga. Thanks for compliment. We realize she has a ways to go. She works hard and hopefully she will reach some of her goals. "Still young"

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
There was a young lady at state championships that looked a lot like your daughter. ( she was in 12U )

My DD pitches so I'm always "cruising" around the field watching other throwers. :) Gallatin is just NE of Nashville.

I do understand, we've played so many places it's hard to keep up with.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414