Daughter Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
I'm the same way. I never sit still between games. Pitching is addicitive. lol... I love to watch good pitchers and appreciate them a lot of time goes into it.

May 25, 2010
She's hitting 60mph and it looks like she's not even trying. So effortless, so beautiful. All the physical gifts are there, so if the mental part of her game is as good, I could foresee her pitching at the D1 level in 5 years. What are her other sports?

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
She's hitting 60mph and it looks like she's not even trying. So effortless, so beautiful. All the physical gifts are there, so if the mental part of her game is as good, I could foresee her pitching at the D1 level in 5 years. What are her other sports?

She just finished basketball for her middle school team and not going to play in high school. She plays volleyball and likes it really good. Involved with a club team that plays about 4-5 tourneys in the southeast. She is going to play high school volleyball, but give club up after she finishes this March. I know there are risks involved playing other sports, but so far I think it has been a plus. Thanks for kind words. I think she has a chance to make it in softball. She has a lot of work ahead of her to be a D-1 prospect. Thats what she is working for (may or may not happen) but the work ethic will help her no matter how it turns out.
She throws pretty good when it looks effortless. When she runs into trouble is trying to overthrow (which happens ocassionaly).

Nov 29, 2009
She has a lot of work ahead of her to be a D-1 prospect

Don't get hung up on the D1 thing. She needs to make her school choice for the academics and let softball pay for some or most of it if possible. Softball can also open up enrollment avenues in the tough schools to get into.

She is in 8th grade now. Go to some recruiting seminars and get all the information you can about the process NOW!!! You'll need to start the process this summer.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
I agree about the D-1 thing. That is part of being "young" and big dreams. Already have some stuff to help prepare for act and sat's. We have a friend who plays for a D-2 school that competes for natl chmp about every year and loves it. we KNOW everything is in God's hands and that he may have a different path for her all together. Have a great day.

May 25, 2010
Don't get hung up on the D1 thing. She needs to make her school choice for the academics and let softball pay for some or most of it if possible. Softball can also open up enrollment avenues in the tough schools to get into.

She is in 8th grade now. Go to some recruiting seminars and get all the information you can about the process NOW!!! You'll need to start the process this summer.
I didn't mean to make it sound like going D1 was something she should or ought to be focused on. I was only talking about her having the physical ability to potentially pitch at that level, which is not something that most 14u pitchers have.

TNdad - I know what you mean about overthrowing. There are a lot of volleyball scholarships available and some parents of college basketball players have told me that their DD's got more volleyball money offered than basketball. I hope she gets the opportunity to continue playing both at a high level if she likes. That clip shows what an athlete she is.

Nov 29, 2009
There are a lot of volleyball scholarships available and some parents of college basketball players have told me that their DD's got more volleyball money offered than basketball

Always keep your options open. A fellow coach in my area DD went to college on a bowling scholarship. She was offered way more than what the softball coach offered.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
If you are talking about her wrist at the finish, it came from doing a pitches into a net. her arm circle was terribile when she started pitching and she finished tight. She would do the reach for the net after releasing the ball.

Jul 14, 2008
If you are talking about her wrist at the finish, it came from doing a pitches into a net. her arm circle was terribile when she started pitching and she finished tight. She would do the reach for the net after releasing the ball.

Ok.........And where did "reach for the net" come from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA