Dallas Escobedo throws a no-no

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Throws first post season no-no in ASU history while pitching illegally every pitch of the game ..... Where is the justice in that? She was called for leaping a couple of times early in the game but ump just let it go after that....just plain crazy.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
If they called it correctly during the season, it wouldn't be a surprise at playoffs. Almost glad they aren't waiting until the WCWS to call it.

Mar 13, 2010
Throws first post season no-no in ASU history while pitching illegally every pitch of the game ..... Where is the justice in that? She was called for leaping a couple of times early in the game but ump just let it go after that....just plain crazy.
She threw 100 pitches and they were all illegal? Wow, what did the San Jose State coach have to say about that?

Jun 22, 2008
She did keep the foot down for awhile after the 2 she was called for. But, she was considerably less accurate and walked several batters right after the IP calls.

May 17, 2012
She was illegal on almost every pitch. I don't understand why they don't call it every time. Why doesn't the other coach complain? How has she only had two called on her prior to this game?

The other pitcher had great technique.

My 12 year old didn't understand why the umpires wouldn't call it. Sad.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
She was illegal on almost every pitch. I don't understand why they don't call it every time. Why doesn't the other coach complain? How has she only had two called on her prior to this game?

The other pitcher had great technique.

My 12 year old didn't understand why the umpires wouldn't call it. Sad.

All you have to do is go back to the 2010 WCWS to find out why they didn't call it every time.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
All you have to do is go back to the 2010 WCWS to find out why they didn't call it every time.

This crap doesn't happen in baseball. This is the only part of softball I hate. If ANYTHING is illegal then make the call. If a pitcher is illegal it shouldn't matter a hill of beans if it's "gaining an advantage", if its wrong........it's wrong.

May 17, 2012
I agree but I don't understand why it's not called on every pitch. Do the umpires not like to call it? Do the coaches have their heads in the sand? Are they counting on the umpires not to call it?

I just don't understand the motivation from all parties involved.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I agree but I don't understand why it's not called on every pitch. Do the umpires not like to call it? Do the coaches have their heads in the sand? Are they counting on the umpires not to call it?

I just don't understand the motivation from all parties involved.

The umpires realize with runners on base, it's a double jeopardy penalty. They took part of it from baseball's balk rule. Unfortunately, in softball there is no deception on the runner. Therefore, they shouldn't move up 60'. Then you have the ball to the batter. That penalty is appropriate. Something does need to be done to fix these poorly thought out rules and their respective penalties.

The coaches originally wanted it called. But they assumed it would be called on the other pitcher. When it was called on their own pitchers, then the **** hit the fan.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
This crap doesn't happen in baseball. This is the only part of softball I hate. If ANYTHING is illegal then make the call. If a pitcher is illegal it shouldn't matter a hill of beans if it's "gaining an advantage", if its wrong........it's wrong.

I remember when my son played ball, in 14u, it seemed like there was an average of 1 balk call every inning for both teams. Which makes me laugh when people say that baseball pitching doesn't have rules like softball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd