Dad needs help with this 8yr olds swing.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2012
We went to the cages tonight with her team. She hit the ball sooooo hard. I have never seen anything like it. That look of balance as she coils out has helped so much. I know she still hangs back a little , but just what you guys have taught us this week has paid off crazy good. There were coaches from older teams that came over and watched her hit, because of how it sounded coming off the bat. They were talking about how her swing looked effortless. My phone died so I couldn't record, but I will next week. Thanks guys for teaching me so I could help her. thanks,thanks,thanks!

You made my day! Congrats to you & your DD for putting in the work to make it happen. Enjoy every minute of it!

Mar 21, 2013
Arn, its a 29/17. I do not know anything about equipment. A older girl gave it to her. I am going to get her something new this spring. Im still just trying to work on her swing.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Arn, its a 29/17. I do not know anything about equipment. A older girl gave it to her. I am going to get her something new this spring. Im still just trying to work on her swing.

That's a decent bat. No need to change until she's big enough to go to a 30.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Eric, I was told it has to have a certain new sticker on it to play in tournaments.

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/NewUSSSASoftballBatMarks.pdf
batmark2012.jpg

Mar 21, 2013
Copy of VID 20140207 100625 - YouTube OK, some live pitching. First pitch was down the middle, second was low and outside. With the weather like it has been we have not done much. After seeing this is there any more advice? Am I still on the right track? She is hitting it harder than ever. Will do more soft toss and pitching starting Monday.Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi