D3 offical visit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2014
My DD is a junior in high school and was at a camp over the winter at a D3 school in the North East. At the end of the camp the head coach invited her for an official visit in September. How interested do you think they are?

Oct 10, 2011
DD's former tb coach is also a D3 coach. The school is very expensive and he of course said their are no athletic scholarships, but not one girl on the team ever pays full tuition. Once they are accepted academically, they all get an "academic scholarship" which is quite significant. Another coach said they automatically drop the out of state fees if on the team, and usually more than that. I'd start getting some more answers, but if they want her to visit, they must be pretty interested.

Mar 26, 2013
If they are willing to pay significant travel expenses (e.g. air fare) for an official visit, I'd say they are very interested.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I honestly prefer a d3 for dd... School is about her education and softball will be her extra curricular. So, if she keeps her grades up (3.85 GPA NHS/AP ) and continues to improve on her game, an academic scholarship is a very real possibility!

Jun 11, 2013
I'm years away, but do you actually have to sign a letter of intent to play D3 or can you just go to that school and walk on?

Mar 26, 2013
NCAA's NLI doesn't program doesn't include D3 because there is no athletic aid. Some schools will provide a letter/document for their recruits to sign so they can participate in signing day.

Apr 1, 2010
I'm years away, but do you actually have to sign a letter of intent to play D3 or can you just go to that school and walk on?

D3 and the Ivy League don't have letters of intent, but the coaches recruit, rather than relying on walk ons.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
The Ivy's send a Likely Letter indicating that if the student athlete maintains his/her grades, stays out of trouble, etc, Admissions is likelyntomadmit them when decisions are made.

If your student athlete wants to attend an Ivy, that Likely Letter receipt is like holding a winnings lottery ticket, given single digit acceptance rates at most of those schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877