D1--Who you picking to win it all?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Interesting story in Waco with the four seed Texas State and then the three seed ULL beating the one seed Northwestern. I haven't heard what the problem is but NW had some issue. Don't know if was an injury or what but the pitcher just wasn't herself and the defense struggled at first in the Texas State game. Felt bad for them because I admire that program and those coaches. No doubt they will be back strong next year. ULL has yet to explode. Their short gamers have been great but it seems like they leave a LOT of runners stranded. They will need to get the big sticks going to get to OK. Their SS is a joy to watch. Left side of the infield is solid as is the pitching. Baylor is playing a solid though not scary game and their pitcher is doing a great job. One timely double in three or four chances though and Baylor would have been coming back through the loser's bracket instead of ULL. ULL is scarier but Baylor is in the driver's seat right now. If I was taking a team to the WCWS, I'd rather face Baylor than ULL. Texas State did a good job of taking advantage of an opportunity but it would be a miracle if they got past ULL and Baylor. Just don't have the pitching or the sticks. They all have the same swing issue. Look like they are going down through contact. I guess it's drilled in. I'd love to hear an analysis of the Tuscaloosa regionals.

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

I'm an ASU fan but I will pick Arizona...They are going to bash their way to the title.

Dec 3, 2008
I think Alabama needs to take Jacksonville State VERY seriously. Otherwise, Jax State will be representing the mid-majors in the WCWS. I'm cheering for the Gamecocks.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
i'm watching the UMass - Washington game. The umpire's strike zone is a tad smaller than Alaska. Left handed batters don't have a prayer--he is giving the outside corner plus six inches.

--14th inning, UMass's #4 hitter singles. #5 hitter is asked to bunt. She makes one feeble attempt. It is obvious no one taught her the difference between a sacrifice and bunting for a hit. She hits in a FC, next batter bunts her to second, next batter hits a long fly ball.

---top of 15th inning, WU up to bat, bases loaded, 2 outs... batter hits a routine grounder to SS. SS fields it cleanly, but doesn't know where to go with the ball, she hesitates. (SS should have decided where to throw the ball before it was hit.) Batter is safe by a step. UMass falls to pieces, game over.

Softball is a game of nerves and execution...over and over, it is the same story.

Ray

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

Tmolina, I hope U of AZ. mashes their way to the title, but will the pitching hold up?

Thats a good question..Only time will tell if pitching(Stanford) or slugging(UofA) will win over in the Super Regional. I am happy to see that ASU is hosting the Supers and they should be able to make it out of the super and defend thier National title, but once again will the pitching hold up for the freshman Hillary Bach, I hope so!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles