D1--Who you picking to win it all?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2008
South Florida
I have always been a die-hard Huskies fan!!! So I am cheering them "GO HUSKIES" It makes it even sweeter that their are 3 Canadians on the team with me being a fellow Canadian!!!

May 8, 2008
South Florida
CONGRATS to Washington!!! A very well deserved title!!! It was such a privledge to watch girls with such passion and drive for the game, just fired up my DD's to want to be in that position!!!!! Thank you for that!!!

Jun 6, 2009
Go Bison!!

Win or lose this is the best story this year. Playing Division II only a few years ago and now in the final 16 of Div I WCWS. I'm ordering up ESPNU when I get home so I can see the games tonight.

I was rather impressed with this team myself. Exceptionally well executed defense. Only double digit E on the season was the SS.

Pretty good speed along with smart baserunning. Adequate sticks for base hits. No real power and few HR's. No dominating pitcher but she sure hit her spots and changed speeds effectively. Incredibly smart defense. Sound coaching.

I think this team lived up to its full potenial relative to its talent much better than any other team in post-season play including the WCWS field of teams. I think it was Gasso who said this just not a team that is going to beat itself.

The Bisons only achilles heal was its over all talent. Sometimes no matter what you do, your gonna get a horse that you just can't ride. That's what happened, they just couldn't compete against a team with vastly superior talent, no matter how hard they tried.

This is one of very few teams that actually had a coach who really coached I suspect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles