crowhopping?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
It's impossible to drag laces down in an open-style figure 4 close. If teaching is what needs to be done here (and I agree), there are huge mechanical issues with the pitchers in these threads that need to be addressed by instructors. Fixing these mechanical issues will more then likely clear up the "crow hopping" problems. The pitcher in white is going to have lower back issues if she keeps up that silliness.

-W

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
It's impossible to drag laces down in an open-style figure 4 close. If teaching is what needs to be done here (and I agree), there are huge mechanical issues with the pitchers in these threads that need to be addressed by instructors. Fixing these mechanical issues will more then likely clear up the "crow hopping" problems. The pitcher in white is going to have lower back issues if she keeps up that silliness.

-W

From Hillhouse's website, he seems to get open, drag the pivot foot with laces down and goes into the figure 4. Mechanically looks sound to me.

Bill Hillhouse: Setting Up Batters with the Drop and Low Rise

Jul 26, 2010
From Hillhouse's website, he seems to get open, drag the pivot foot with laces down and goes into the figure 4. Mechanically looks sound to me.

Bill Hillhouse: Setting Up Batters with the Drop and Low Rise

Sorry I thought you were referring to the laces towards the catcher. If you notice Bill in that video, he does half a figure four with the side of his pivot foot leading the drag, and then instead of finishing in a figure 4 (calf to calf), he closes to face the pitcher (at the point the pitch is already released so he could step instead of drag if he wanted).

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom