Critique / Help Series of Swings - Part 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ok so i hear you guys talk about HI on here a lot and im kinda the new kid on the block so what website is this you speak of ? Do I have to join some secret society to get this info....come on share the good stuff .... BTW knight, Olivia's swing is looking very much improved I'm just getting ready to start working with my older one with SnF ....kinda funny this fall we were at a camp for a certain D1 program and they have shown interest in my DD before and they kinda pulled her away from the other girls and was having her work on hitting with a hip bump and after the camp was over I asked my DD what the coach was having her do and she told me "some kind of hip bump thing before i swing I'm not really sure" and to think it was this very SnF style hitting that I see on here. Ill probably have to do it myself because I don't know of anyone that teaches this style around my parts.

Jul 20, 2010
Are you saying you see an elbow pivot point instead of a hand pivot point.

Sorry...verizon still hasn't boosted my power, so it is taking several minutes to load gifs on my iphone.

Knight, I do like everything you listed you guys were working on...it is so much for them! At least the season will be full on soon and they can just work on hitting the ball.

HPP.gif

EPP.gif

We have had major differences in the past. Mainly because of his purposeful MIS-interpretation of things I said.

This will never happen with him, but it will with me....this (above) is a good demo of a major difference.

I posted, (not that ANYONE cares) a series of clips quite some time ago disputing his 'bop the catcher on the head' THEORY of turning the hands / barrel, which is clearly WRONG.
Thru those clips---- I'm glad he finally saw the difference.

Don't go searching too hard guys for the answer to an elbow pivot point,,,it does not exist. Does not.
Proper use of back arm with scap slide----does however.

Ever wonder why the demo where he turns the hands over, and casts the bat far away from his back shoulder no longer can be found. Because he finally saw his error. Can I hear some applause people.!!!

He's an in the Bedroom, stocking footed, dry swing master !!!

Everyone else is ....well....beneath him. As it should be....he's the man! Good job dicky do.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
HPP.gif

EPP.gif

We have had major differences in the past. Mainly because of his purposeful MIS-interpretation of things I said.

This will never happen with him, but it will with me....this (above) is a good demo of a major difference.

I posted, (not that ANYONE cares) a series of clips quite some time ago disputing his 'bop the catcher on the head' THEORY of turning the hands / barrel, which is clearly WRONG.
Thru those clips---- I'm glad he finally saw the difference.

Don't go searching too hard guys for the answer to an elbow pivot point,,,it does not exist. Does not.
Proper use of back arm with scap slide----does however.

Ever wonder why the demo where he turns the hands over, and casts the bat far away from his back shoulder no longer can be found. Because he finally saw his error. Can I hear some applause people.!!!

He's an in the Bedroom, stocking footed, dry swing master !!!

Everyone else is ....well....beneath him. As it should be....he's the man! Good job dicky do.

Looks like his new demo,compared to what he used to do, he has added some lag to it.
Not a very good demo, Needs to get his hips to lead more, but I can see what he is trying to accomplish. He needs to turn some to help with that lag.

Heres the old one
Teachermanandsomepoorlittlekid_zps2d86a13c.gif

Glad to see he has seen some light. The truthseeking has started to work. Cool...:cool:

SL

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
ovsr2.gif

HPP.gif

lclifton,
To me it looks like the bottom gif matches(posted on the post) what Braun is doing. Do you see what is being demod as being wrong? I see it as being a hand pivot point. I'm just trying to learn and teach may DD the correct way.
Hand pivot point
HPP.gif

Elbow pivot point
EPP.gif

Since the forum has been kind of slow. What is your view on this.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2010
Respectfully rd,

I said it was a good demo sir.
I also said there is no elbow pivot point.

Straightleg,
That is not the one I was searching for. The one I'm after has conveniently been removed.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Total respect to you,lclifton
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I was just making sure. I also see the hand pivot gif as a good demo. I see the old gif of the "bop to catcher on the head" gif. So now we're on the same page. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad